Greg Wahl-Stephens, Associated Press
PASADENA, Calif. — The last two losers of the Rose Bowl have another chance to get it right.
Pac-12 champion Oregon will face Big Ten champion Wisconsin on Jan. 2 in the 98th edition of the Granddaddy of Them All, the schools learned Sunday night.
The ninth-ranked Badgers (11-2) are headed to their second straight Rose Bowl after losing to TCU last year. The No. 6 Ducks (11-2) lost to Ohio State in Pasadena two seasons ago before losing the BCS title game last season.
Players from both teams knew their holiday destination well before the official announcement, celebrating with roses in their teeth after both schools won their conferences' first title games over the weekend. Oregon battered UCLA 49-31 at Autzen Stadium on Friday, and Wisconsin edged Michigan State 42-39 on Saturday.
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's birth...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 71
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 18
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 17
- Research: Native American genes have... 14