With the holiday season of giving fast approaching, here is a list of service opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 p.m. on Thursday to submit information about additional service options in the community.
Montessori at Riverton, 12765 S. 1400 West, is accepting donations for its PJ's Forgotten Children service project. Items are needed to fill stockings, with the greatest need of items for teenage boys. Possible donations include hats and gloves, socks and toiletries. Donations will be accepted through Dec. 8. (801-253-4000)
Utah Central Credit Union locations is asking for donations to provide Christmas for children at Lincoln Elementary. Members of the community are invited to visit a credit union location and select a handmade ornament and return it by Dec. 9 with gifts for the child. (www.utahcentral.com)
Bank of Utah locations from Ogden to Sandy will hold a warm clothing drive through Dec. 16. Coats, hats, scarves, gloves blankets and new children's underwear can be taken to a bank location or to Jon Schmidt holiday performances. (www.bankofutah.com)
Carnival of Chaos, 1134 W. Riverdale Road, will open with a "Nightmare Before Christmas" theme to raise money for St. Anne's Homeless Shelter and the Ogden Your Community Connection, Dec. 16-17, 6-10 p.m. Admission is regularly $12, but guests can attend for free with a donation for the shelters. Items needed include coats, towels, diapers, cleaning supplies and dishes. (801-904-2270 or www.castleofchaos.com)
Trolley Square, 600 S. 700 East, will be collecting gently used shoes to benefit Soles4Souls, through Jan. 31. Donation bins will be available at all mall entrances. (www.trolleysquare.com or www.giveshoes.org)
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- What accounts for the cinematic generation gap?
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 57
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I... 3
- Wyoming ranked third in US in... 2