Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Salt Lake City police officers and civilian employees joined with other members of law enforcement for "Shop With A Cop," Saturday, December 3, 2011. For 21 years the Salt Lake Police Association has taken the lead in organizing the annual holiday tradition for law enforcement across the Salt Lake Valley. This year, officers from a dozen agencies volunteered to help as many as 100 children do their Christmas shopping. The event started at 6 a.m. at Little America, where children were paired with a police officer. They ate breakfast before driving in police vehicles to Kmart, where Santa arrived by Utah Highway Patrol helicopter and then shopped for Christmas gifts for the children and their families.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11