Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Salt Lake City police officers and civilian employees joined with other members of law enforcement for "Shop With A Cop," Saturday, December 3, 2011. For 21 years the Salt Lake Police Association has taken the lead in organizing the annual holiday tradition for law enforcement across the Salt Lake Valley. This year, officers from a dozen agencies volunteered to help as many as 100 children do their Christmas shopping. The event started at 6 a.m. at Little America, where children were paired with a police officer. They ate breakfast before driving in police vehicles to Kmart, where Santa arrived by Utah Highway Patrol helicopter and then shopped for Christmas gifts for the children and their families.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17