"It was unbelievable," Feuz said through a translator. "The course here in Beaver Creek is definitely one of the most difficult downhill races. So, for me, it's definitely one of the best experiences."
Switzerland's Didier Cuche, a pre-race favorite, made some mistakes and finished ninth. Cuche won the downhill last weekend.
Ted Ligety had a solid run, despite hardly being a downhill specialist. Ligety, who's won three overall giant slalom titles, was 22nd, 1.93 seconds behind his teammate.
"Talking to Bode last night, he was trying to figure out where he could make up time, because he didn't feel like he could go much faster than he had been going (in training)," Ligety said. "Obviously, he made up good time today."
And with his family and friends present as well, including his 3-year-old daughter who saw her father win for the first time.
"It was stressful for her. She can definitely feel my moods a little bit," Miller said. "When I won, my parents said she was really excited and happy. Pretty quickly after that, she had a complete meltdown for no reason.
"We all know how that is — a huge adrenaline rush is usually followed by a pretty low point. I can totally relate to what she had to go through. I feel a little bad I put her through that."
She did get to see the essence of her father, though, as he turned high risk into high reward.
"I love to ski the way I did today," Miller said. "When I came across the finish line, I was 100 percent satisfied. It's great to have it coincide with a win."
AP Sports Writer Pat Graham can be reached at http://twitter.com/pgraham34.
- Colorado Mormons join other faiths in...
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney lost...
- Pew study: News media inserted bias into gay...
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at Miss USA...
- NPR writer 'slightly' defends Miss Utah USA's...
- Parents rally after Canadian elementary...
- Cap'n Crunch refutes claims he's not actually...
- Facebook goes down, users flood Twitter
- Pew study: News media inserted bias... 51
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- Parents rally after Canadian elementary... 23
- New York English teacher assigns... 16
- Washington Post writer: Mitt Romney... 16
- Officials: NSA programs broke terrorist... 15
- IRS official: Washington scrutinized... 15
- NSA director says surveillance programs... 14