NEW YORK — Taylor Swift doesn't think the Recording Academy is mean. Though she won the Grammy for album of the year in 2010, she's not sad her latest multiplatinum effort isn't up for the honor this time around.
Says Swift: "Well, I got three nominations. I was just so excited."
Swift was named "Woman of the Year" by Billboard on Friday. Her third CD, "Speak Now," got a Grammy nod for best country album, and her song "Mean" is up for two awards.
Swift was joined by Nicki Minaj, who was honored as Billboard's Rising Star and got teary-eyed at the event. Minaj is nominated for four Grammys, including best new artist. She says she doesn't expect to win that award, "but it's good to be recognized."
- Watch live at the Democratic National Convention
- Farewell to VCRs: Japanese maker to shelve...
- At least 15 killed, dozens injured in knifing...
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their...
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,...
- Wish granted: Six-year-old boy will be...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 74
- Hillary Clinton promises steady hand in... 56
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 43
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 41
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34