NEW YORK — Taylor Swift doesn't think the Recording Academy is mean. Though she won the Grammy for album of the year in 2010, she's not sad her latest multiplatinum effort isn't up for the honor this time around.
Says Swift: "Well, I got three nominations. I was just so excited."
Swift was named "Woman of the Year" by Billboard on Friday. Her third CD, "Speak Now," got a Grammy nod for best country album, and her song "Mean" is up for two awards.
Swift was joined by Nicki Minaj, who was honored as Billboard's Rising Star and got teary-eyed at the event. Minaj is nominated for four Grammys, including best new artist. She says she doesn't expect to win that award, "but it's good to be recognized."
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 14
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14