NEW YORK — Taylor Swift doesn't think the Recording Academy is mean. Though she won the Grammy for album of the year in 2010, she's not sad her latest multiplatinum effort isn't up for the honor this time around.
Says Swift: "Well, I got three nominations. I was just so excited."
Swift was named "Woman of the Year" by Billboard on Friday. Her third CD, "Speak Now," got a Grammy nod for best country album, and her song "Mean" is up for two awards.
Swift was joined by Nicki Minaj, who was honored as Billboard's Rising Star and got teary-eyed at the event. Minaj is nominated for four Grammys, including best new artist. She says she doesn't expect to win that award, "but it's good to be recognized."
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Catholic leaders' deliberations over divorce...
- Top 15 states for education
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 69
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 8
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6