NEW YORK — Taylor Swift doesn't think the Recording Academy is mean. Though she won the Grammy for album of the year in 2010, she's not sad her latest multiplatinum effort isn't up for the honor this time around.
Says Swift: "Well, I got three nominations. I was just so excited."
Swift was named "Woman of the Year" by Billboard on Friday. Her third CD, "Speak Now," got a Grammy nod for best country album, and her song "Mean" is up for two awards.
Swift was joined by Nicki Minaj, who was honored as Billboard's Rising Star and got teary-eyed at the event. Minaj is nominated for four Grammys, including best new artist. She says she doesn't expect to win that award, "but it's good to be recognized."
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 14
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13