NEW YORK — Taylor Swift doesn't think the Recording Academy is mean. Though she won the Grammy for album of the year in 2010, she's not sad her latest multiplatinum effort isn't up for the honor this time around.
Says Swift: "Well, I got three nominations. I was just so excited."
Swift was named "Woman of the Year" by Billboard on Friday. Her third CD, "Speak Now," got a Grammy nod for best country album, and her song "Mean" is up for two awards.
Swift was joined by Nicki Minaj, who was honored as Billboard's Rising Star and got teary-eyed at the event. Minaj is nominated for four Grammys, including best new artist. She says she doesn't expect to win that award, "but it's good to be recognized."
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's...
- Jet may have turned; suspicious passengers...
- Oil slick not from missing Malaysian plane;...
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- Themes of faith, freedom echo at CPAC in...
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican... 19
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 19
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for... 13
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians 9
- Former Secretary of State Hillary... 6