Heather Ainsworth, Associated Press
Jim Boeheim's spot on the coaching staff of the U.S. basketball team is secure, though the U.S. Olympic Committee is monitoring the child sex abuse investigation of Boeheim's longtime assistant at Syracuse.
Boeheim is the top assistant to Mike Krzyzewski on the team that will play at the 2012 London Olympics.
Asked about Boeheim's status, USA Basketball spokesman Craig Miller said, "Jim Boeheim is a member of the USA Men's National Team coaching staff.'"
The USOC declined comment, though a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press the federation is following the issue. The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.
Three men, including two former Syracuse ballboys, have accused Boeheim's longtime assistant Bernie Fine of molesting them as minors.
Fine, who was fired Sunday, has denied the allegations.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27