Sharon Ellman, Associated Press
WACO, Texas — Terrance Ganaway is setting records while running in the shadows of a Heisman Trophy hopeful.
If the 6-foot, 240-pound senior running back with surprising speed wasn't in the same backfield with Robert Griffin III, people outside of Baylor might actually know who is.
Ganaway says that's just OK with him. Plus, he says he and Griffin are both team players — and that the record-setting quarterback should have all the hype.
Ganaway has a Big 12-leading 1,195 yards rushing for the 19th-ranked Bears (8-3, 5-3 Big 12). He needs only 24 yards in the regular season finale Saturday at home against Texas to set a new single-season school record. His 14 rushing touchdowns are already a school record.
Griffin calls Ganaway the most important piece to the offense.
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Stories behind viral Oklahoma tragedy photos...
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- Gallup poll shows shift in views on morality...
- Why $1 billion doesn't mean what it used to...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 55
- Boy Scouts open membership to all boys,... 41
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- IRS official Lerner invokes Fifth... 22
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 21
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17