Sharon Ellman, Associated Press
WACO, Texas — Terrance Ganaway is setting records while running in the shadows of a Heisman Trophy hopeful.
If the 6-foot, 240-pound senior running back with surprising speed wasn't in the same backfield with Robert Griffin III, people outside of Baylor might actually know who is.
Ganaway says that's just OK with him. Plus, he says he and Griffin are both team players — and that the record-setting quarterback should have all the hype.
Ganaway has a Big 12-leading 1,195 yards rushing for the 19th-ranked Bears (8-3, 5-3 Big 12). He needs only 24 yards in the regular season finale Saturday at home against Texas to set a new single-season school record. His 14 rushing touchdowns are already a school record.
Griffin calls Ganaway the most important piece to the offense.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 104
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19