Sharon Ellman, Associated Press
WACO, Texas — Terrance Ganaway is setting records while running in the shadows of a Heisman Trophy hopeful.
If the 6-foot, 240-pound senior running back with surprising speed wasn't in the same backfield with Robert Griffin III, people outside of Baylor might actually know who is.
Ganaway says that's just OK with him. Plus, he says he and Griffin are both team players — and that the record-setting quarterback should have all the hype.
Ganaway has a Big 12-leading 1,195 yards rushing for the 19th-ranked Bears (8-3, 5-3 Big 12). He needs only 24 yards in the regular season finale Saturday at home against Texas to set a new single-season school record. His 14 rushing touchdowns are already a school record.
Griffin calls Ganaway the most important piece to the offense.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20