Morry Gash, Associated Press
MADISON, Wis. — This week, Wisconsin's Montee Ball was named the Big Ten's offensive player of the year.
And with another big performance against Michigan State at Saturday's inaugural Big Ten championship game in Indianapolis, the Badgers running back could become a Heisman Trophy finalist.
Such things are bound to happen when a player piles up more touchdowns than 29 teams in the NCAA's top division have scored this season.
For now, Ball isn't shying away from the attention, saying, "you've just got to embrace it."
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18