Morry Gash, Associated Press
MADISON, Wis. — This week, Wisconsin's Montee Ball was named the Big Ten's offensive player of the year.
And with another big performance against Michigan State at Saturday's inaugural Big Ten championship game in Indianapolis, the Badgers running back could become a Heisman Trophy finalist.
Such things are bound to happen when a player piles up more touchdowns than 29 teams in the NCAA's top division have scored this season.
For now, Ball isn't shying away from the attention, saying, "you've just got to embrace it."
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26