Mike Terry, Deseret News
Real Salt Lake's busy week continued today as it traded midfielder Jean Alexandre to the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for a 2012 MLS Supplemental Draft pick.
Alexandre, 25, played in a career-high 19 games in 2011 splitting time between midfielder and forward as RSL dealt with injuries and national team call-ups. He started nine of those games with one goal scored.
In his three-year career, the Haiti native played in 38 games.
"We would like to thank Jean for contributions on behalf of Real Salt Lake both on and off the field and wish him well as he continues his career with San Jose," said RSL general manager Garth Lagerwey in a press release statement. "Jean has always been a humble and hard-working player, and he proved to carry those traits over into our community as well during the past three seasons."
Alexandre was named RSL's Humanitarian of the Year the past two years.
"Firstly, I want to thank God for giving me the ability to play soccer at the professional level, which is something I dreamed about for a long time and was able to fulfill with Real Salt Lake," said Alexandre. "I also want to thank the RSL managerial and coaching staffs for providing me the opportunity to begin my career with the club, specifically Jason Kreis, who saw something in me and took a chance on me, and I'll always be grateful for that. I really enjoyed my time with Real Salt Lake and wish the club nothing but the best."
Earlier this week Real Salt Lake traded veteran defender Robbie Russell to D.C. United in exchange for a 2013 third round draft pick.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45