Mike Terry, Deseret News
Real Salt Lake's busy week continued today as it traded midfielder Jean Alexandre to the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for a 2012 MLS Supplemental Draft pick.
Alexandre, 25, played in a career-high 19 games in 2011 splitting time between midfielder and forward as RSL dealt with injuries and national team call-ups. He started nine of those games with one goal scored.
In his three-year career, the Haiti native played in 38 games.
"We would like to thank Jean for contributions on behalf of Real Salt Lake both on and off the field and wish him well as he continues his career with San Jose," said RSL general manager Garth Lagerwey in a press release statement. "Jean has always been a humble and hard-working player, and he proved to carry those traits over into our community as well during the past three seasons."
Alexandre was named RSL's Humanitarian of the Year the past two years.
"Firstly, I want to thank God for giving me the ability to play soccer at the professional level, which is something I dreamed about for a long time and was able to fulfill with Real Salt Lake," said Alexandre. "I also want to thank the RSL managerial and coaching staffs for providing me the opportunity to begin my career with the club, specifically Jason Kreis, who saw something in me and took a chance on me, and I'll always be grateful for that. I really enjoyed my time with Real Salt Lake and wish the club nothing but the best."
Earlier this week Real Salt Lake traded veteran defender Robbie Russell to D.C. United in exchange for a 2013 third round draft pick.
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with...
- Good first impression for Utah Jazz rookie...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Graphic: What would happen if the Jazz match...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to transfer...
- Doug Robinson: NBA free agency is entirely...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt commits...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 258
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 104
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 60
- Brad Rock: What Gordon Hayward needs to... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Robert Anae likes... 28
- 4 Utah college football players named... 28
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 25
- Fourth of July surprise! Steve Novak... 14