Mike Terry, Deseret News
Real Salt Lake's busy week continued today as it traded midfielder Jean Alexandre to the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for a 2012 MLS Supplemental Draft pick.
Alexandre, 25, played in a career-high 19 games in 2011 splitting time between midfielder and forward as RSL dealt with injuries and national team call-ups. He started nine of those games with one goal scored.
In his three-year career, the Haiti native played in 38 games.
"We would like to thank Jean for contributions on behalf of Real Salt Lake both on and off the field and wish him well as he continues his career with San Jose," said RSL general manager Garth Lagerwey in a press release statement. "Jean has always been a humble and hard-working player, and he proved to carry those traits over into our community as well during the past three seasons."
Alexandre was named RSL's Humanitarian of the Year the past two years.
"Firstly, I want to thank God for giving me the ability to play soccer at the professional level, which is something I dreamed about for a long time and was able to fulfill with Real Salt Lake," said Alexandre. "I also want to thank the RSL managerial and coaching staffs for providing me the opportunity to begin my career with the club, specifically Jason Kreis, who saw something in me and took a chance on me, and I'll always be grateful for that. I really enjoyed my time with Real Salt Lake and wish the club nothing but the best."
Earlier this week Real Salt Lake traded veteran defender Robbie Russell to D.C. United in exchange for a 2013 third round draft pick.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20