Jim Cole, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Herman Cain says his wife did not know about his friendship with a woman who says the two had an affair — or that he was providing her with money.
In an interview Thursday with the New Hampshire Union Leader, the Republican presidential hopeful said he gave Ginger White money to help her with "month-to-month bills and expenses" without telling his wife.
Cain said his wife, Gloria, did not know about any of that until White alleged an affair that lasted 13 years.
Cain has denied a sexual relationship and said he and White were only friends. He said he helped White pay her bills because she was out of work.
He described himself as "soft-hearted" and said White is not the only friend he has helped financially.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12