Jim Cole, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Herman Cain says his wife did not know about his friendship with a woman who says the two had an affair — or that he was providing her with money.
In an interview Thursday with the New Hampshire Union Leader, the Republican presidential hopeful said he gave Ginger White money to help her with "month-to-month bills and expenses" without telling his wife.
Cain said his wife, Gloria, did not know about any of that until White alleged an affair that lasted 13 years.
Cain has denied a sexual relationship and said he and White were only friends. He said he helped White pay her bills because she was out of work.
He described himself as "soft-hearted" and said White is not the only friend he has helped financially.
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 14
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13