Jim Cole, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Herman Cain says his wife did not know about his friendship with a woman who says the two had an affair — or that he was providing her with money.
In an interview Thursday with the New Hampshire Union Leader, the Republican presidential hopeful said he gave Ginger White money to help her with "month-to-month bills and expenses" without telling his wife.
Cain said his wife, Gloria, did not know about any of that until White alleged an affair that lasted 13 years.
Cain has denied a sexual relationship and said he and White were only friends. He said he helped White pay her bills because she was out of work.
He described himself as "soft-hearted" and said White is not the only friend he has helped financially.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Today's must-read faith and family stories
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8