Jim Cole, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Herman Cain says his wife did not know about his friendship with a woman who says the two had an affair — or that he was providing her with money.
In an interview Thursday with the New Hampshire Union Leader, the Republican presidential hopeful said he gave Ginger White money to help her with "month-to-month bills and expenses" without telling his wife.
Cain said his wife, Gloria, did not know about any of that until White alleged an affair that lasted 13 years.
Cain has denied a sexual relationship and said he and White were only friends. He said he helped White pay her bills because she was out of work.
He described himself as "soft-hearted" and said White is not the only friend he has helped financially.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 15
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14