Mike Terry, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY— The Utah Jazz have a preseason dancing partner.
Unfortunately for BYU fans, it is not Jimmer Fredette and the Sacramento Kings.
The Jazz will play a pair of exhibition contests against the Portland Trail Blazers, according to KSL.
Portland, which features former Jazz guard Wesley Matthews, will host Utah on Dec. 19. The two teams will then head to Salt Lake City for a Dec. 21 matchup at EnergySolutions Arena, according to at tweet by Jazz broadcaster David Locke.
Ticket information has not yet been released.
The NBA's irregular season is set to begin on Dec. 25, though it's believed the Jazz will start the following day. The original schedule had Utah hosting Denver on Monday, Dec. 26.
The full 66-game schedule has yet to be released, but could be coming this week, according to national reports.
Teams and agents have been allowed to begin discussing player movement, although nothing formal can be agreed upon until Dec. 9, pending ratification of the new collective bargaining agreement.
Players will also be welcome to use team facilities beginning Thursday after being locked out of NBA buildings since July 1.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTwitter: DJJazzyJody
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- Linebacker Jared Norris is quietly leading...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- What does it take to host America's largest...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 28
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 28
- Utah lands three-star RB commit and... 25