Mike Terry, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY— The Utah Jazz have a preseason dancing partner.
Unfortunately for BYU fans, it is not Jimmer Fredette and the Sacramento Kings.
The Jazz will play a pair of exhibition contests against the Portland Trail Blazers, according to KSL.
Portland, which features former Jazz guard Wesley Matthews, will host Utah on Dec. 19. The two teams will then head to Salt Lake City for a Dec. 21 matchup at EnergySolutions Arena, according to at tweet by Jazz broadcaster David Locke.
Ticket information has not yet been released.
The NBA's irregular season is set to begin on Dec. 25, though it's believed the Jazz will start the following day. The original schedule had Utah hosting Denver on Monday, Dec. 26.
The full 66-game schedule has yet to be released, but could be coming this week, according to national reports.
Teams and agents have been allowed to begin discussing player movement, although nothing formal can be agreed upon until Dec. 9, pending ratification of the new collective bargaining agreement.
Players will also be welcome to use team facilities beginning Thursday after being locked out of NBA buildings since July 1.
Email: email@example.comTwitter: DJJazzyJody
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- High school football: Friday's playoff roundup
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32