Mike Terry, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY— The Utah Jazz have a preseason dancing partner.
Unfortunately for BYU fans, it is not Jimmer Fredette and the Sacramento Kings.
The Jazz will play a pair of exhibition contests against the Portland Trail Blazers, according to KSL.
Portland, which features former Jazz guard Wesley Matthews, will host Utah on Dec. 19. The two teams will then head to Salt Lake City for a Dec. 21 matchup at EnergySolutions Arena, according to at tweet by Jazz broadcaster David Locke.
Ticket information has not yet been released.
The NBA's irregular season is set to begin on Dec. 25, though it's believed the Jazz will start the following day. The original schedule had Utah hosting Denver on Monday, Dec. 26.
The full 66-game schedule has yet to be released, but could be coming this week, according to national reports.
Teams and agents have been allowed to begin discussing player movement, although nothing formal can be agreed upon until Dec. 9, pending ratification of the new collective bargaining agreement.
Players will also be welcome to use team facilities beginning Thursday after being locked out of NBA buildings since July 1.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTwitter: DJJazzyJody
- BYU football: The Nebraska Cornhuskers in 6...
- Red and blue recruits: Jaren Hall excited for...
- Cougars respect Nebraska, but say they...
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has...
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault, riot...
- The top 25 NBA players under 25: Where do...
- Dick Harmon: College predictions: Utes to...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as too...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 76
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 69
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 36
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 28
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 27