Mike Terry, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY— The Utah Jazz have a preseason dancing partner.
Unfortunately for BYU fans, it is not Jimmer Fredette and the Sacramento Kings.
The Jazz will play a pair of exhibition contests against the Portland Trail Blazers, according to KSL.
Portland, which features former Jazz guard Wesley Matthews, will host Utah on Dec. 19. The two teams will then head to Salt Lake City for a Dec. 21 matchup at EnergySolutions Arena, according to at tweet by Jazz broadcaster David Locke.
Ticket information has not yet been released.
The NBA's irregular season is set to begin on Dec. 25, though it's believed the Jazz will start the following day. The original schedule had Utah hosting Denver on Monday, Dec. 26.
The full 66-game schedule has yet to be released, but could be coming this week, according to national reports.
Teams and agents have been allowed to begin discussing player movement, although nothing formal can be agreed upon until Dec. 9, pending ratification of the new collective bargaining agreement.
Players will also be welcome to use team facilities beginning Thursday after being locked out of NBA buildings since July 1.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTwitter: DJJazzyJody
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21