During the Utes' recent football game vs. Colorado, I suffered from extreme disappointment in the way Utah played and lost. This feeling persisted through the evening.
On Saturday, I decided to look at this season as a whole and put this game in its proper perspective. So what have the Utes accomplished this year? They joined a real, big-time college football conference, a first for them. They beat BYU 54-10.
Later, when they were at rock bottom, they beat four Pac-12 teams in a row, four formidable opponents and came within two missed field goals of qualifying for the Pac-12 inaugural championship game. Therefore, they won't be going to the Rose Bowl (in August nobody really thought they would anyway). They will, however, represent the Pac-12 in a bowl game, their ninth in a row. Congratulations and thanks to the Utes for a great season.
Elmer C. Newman
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Things are...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- My view: Religious freedom is a barometer for...
- Drew Clark: About-face by Apple Music shows...
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs
- In our opinion: To aid the 60 million global...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- Letter: Religion in office 35
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs 32
- Letter: Federal law violated 32
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 28
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 27
- My view: Everything you think you know... 22