Michael Conroy, Associated Press
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Robbie Hummel had 17 points and five rebounds to help Purdue defeat Miami 76-65 on Tuesday night in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
Lewis Jackson scored 15 points and Terone Johnson added 13 for the Boilermakers, who won their Challenge matchup for the third straight year and claimed their 22nd straight home victory.
Purdue (7-1) shot 55 percent while holding Miami to 39 percent.
Malcolm Grant and Shane Larkin each scored 16 points for Miami (4-2). Larkin had averaged just 5.3 points this season before the outburst.
The Hurricanes have dropped their first two road games. They lost 64-61 at Mississippi on Friday night.
Purdue formally dedicated a banner at halftime honoring JaJuan Johnson. Johnson was an AP All-American last season before the Boston Celtics took him in the first round of the NBA draft.
Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/cliffbruntap
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 28
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 22
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 16
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 12