Michael Conroy, Associated Press
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Robbie Hummel had 17 points and five rebounds to help Purdue defeat Miami 76-65 on Tuesday night in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
Lewis Jackson scored 15 points and Terone Johnson added 13 for the Boilermakers, who won their Challenge matchup for the third straight year and claimed their 22nd straight home victory.
Purdue (7-1) shot 55 percent while holding Miami to 39 percent.
Malcolm Grant and Shane Larkin each scored 16 points for Miami (4-2). Larkin had averaged just 5.3 points this season before the outburst.
The Hurricanes have dropped their first two road games. They lost 64-61 at Mississippi on Friday night.
Purdue formally dedicated a banner at halftime honoring JaJuan Johnson. Johnson was an AP All-American last season before the Boston Celtics took him in the first round of the NBA draft.
Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/cliffbruntap
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23