Michael Conroy, Associated Press
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Robbie Hummel had 17 points and five rebounds to help Purdue defeat Miami 76-65 on Tuesday night in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
Lewis Jackson scored 15 points and Terone Johnson added 13 for the Boilermakers, who won their Challenge matchup for the third straight year and claimed their 22nd straight home victory.
Purdue (7-1) shot 55 percent while holding Miami to 39 percent.
Malcolm Grant and Shane Larkin each scored 16 points for Miami (4-2). Larkin had averaged just 5.3 points this season before the outburst.
The Hurricanes have dropped their first two road games. They lost 64-61 at Mississippi on Friday night.
Purdue formally dedicated a banner at halftime honoring JaJuan Johnson. Johnson was an AP All-American last season before the Boston Celtics took him in the first round of the NBA draft.
Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/cliffbruntap
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- What you may have missed: Mangum’s...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU quarterbacks rise to...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Morning links: Utah, USU pick up commitments...
- Brad Rock: Enes Kanter doesn't deserve the abuse
- Utah notebook: Britain Covey will not play on...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 127
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 37
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35