Michael Conroy, Associated Press
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Robbie Hummel had 17 points and five rebounds to help Purdue defeat Miami 76-65 on Tuesday night in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
Lewis Jackson scored 15 points and Terone Johnson added 13 for the Boilermakers, who won their Challenge matchup for the third straight year and claimed their 22nd straight home victory.
Purdue (7-1) shot 55 percent while holding Miami to 39 percent.
Malcolm Grant and Shane Larkin each scored 16 points for Miami (4-2). Larkin had averaged just 5.3 points this season before the outburst.
The Hurricanes have dropped their first two road games. They lost 64-61 at Mississippi on Friday night.
Purdue formally dedicated a banner at halftime honoring JaJuan Johnson. Johnson was an AP All-American last season before the Boston Celtics took him in the first round of the NBA draft.
Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/cliffbruntap
- Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 4: Ranking the...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Pac-12 conference is off to strong start in 2014
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 112
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 84
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads... 28