Michael Conroy, Associated Press
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Robbie Hummel had 17 points and five rebounds to help Purdue defeat Miami 76-65 on Tuesday night in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
Lewis Jackson scored 15 points and Terone Johnson added 13 for the Boilermakers, who won their Challenge matchup for the third straight year and claimed their 22nd straight home victory.
Purdue (7-1) shot 55 percent while holding Miami to 39 percent.
Malcolm Grant and Shane Larkin each scored 16 points for Miami (4-2). Larkin had averaged just 5.3 points this season before the outburst.
The Hurricanes have dropped their first two road games. They lost 64-61 at Mississippi on Friday night.
Purdue formally dedicated a banner at halftime honoring JaJuan Johnson. Johnson was an AP All-American last season before the Boston Celtics took him in the first round of the NBA draft.
Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/cliffbruntap
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will...
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU fans...
- Nicholls State assistant football coach is...
- Reports: Former BYU star Brett Keisel agrees...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- Rock On: BYU soccer star gone, not forgotten
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson for...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 131
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 92
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 70
- ESPN lists BYU and Utah State as... 64
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 44
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 40
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29