Perry Jones III debuts with 27 points for No. 7 Baylor, 90-54 over Prairie View.
Prairie View was up 16-13 on a 3-pointer by Ryan Gesiakowski.
Acy then scored with a strong inside move on a pass from Jackson to start the 16-0 run, before rebounds on three consecutive Prairie View misses that led to Baylor points. The first was Jackson's bounce-pass for Jones.
Anthony Jones then had a 3-pointer before Jackson flipped an overhand pass to Perry Jones streaking through the lane for another slam while being fouled before adding the free throw. By time Jones drove hard for a layup between two defenders and made another jumper, the Bears led 29-16.
That was a drastic change from Scott's 3-driven opening spurt.
"I came out in pregame getting loose, getting warmed up. And it was on," Scott said. "So I kept shooting."
Baylor was 1-of-7 shooting at the time, the only make by Jones.
"It was a little emotional. A couple of guys came close to home," coach Byron Rimm said. "Our freshman did a good job, stepped out and knocked down the first three 3s. ... It's a 40-minute game. You can't get too excited or too depressed how we played the first 4 to 5 minutes. We came out strong and we've got to keep that momentum."
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 81
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 70
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27