INDIANAPOLIS — Former Butler stars Gordon Hayward and Shelvin Mack are looking forward to the start of the NBA season.
The two practiced together at their old home court, Hinkle Fieldhouse, on Tuesday morning, putting in some of their last workout time before the lockout ends. The season is expected to start on Christmas Day.
Hayward averaged 5.4 points per game and shot 47 percent from 3-point range as a rookie for the Utah Jazz last season.
Mack, a second-round draft pick by the Washington Wizards, left school early to enter the draft and is happy he'll have a chance to make the most of that decision.
The pair helped Butler reach the national title game in 2010, and Mack helped the Bulldogs reach the national final again in 2011.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 26
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25