NEW YORK — The star of Sweden's "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" movie says his daughter appears in the upcoming U.S. remake with the actor who takes on his role in the crime drama: Daniel Craig.
Michael Nyqvist plays Mikael Blomkvist in the Swedish "Millenium" TV series based on author Stieg Larsson's trilogy.
The Swedish-born Nyqvist says he wants to see the American version because he's a fan of Craig and director David Fincher and because his 21-year-old daughter, Ellen, is an extra in the film.
The film shot in a Los Angeles cafÉ where she was working. She landed a walk-on role that includes pouring coffee for Craig, who has played James Bond.
Nyqvist plays bad guy Hendricks in the fourth "Mission: Impossible" movie.
The latest "Mission: Impossible" and "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" open Dec. 21.
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew...
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Some countries get Obama, but want his wife, too
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Jackson,...
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Ride-sharing business launches despite...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 28
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 19
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 16
- Supreme Court weighs ban on false... 15