In comparison, the Jazz were slated to play every 2.1 days in the now-scrapped regularly scheduled season, which was supposed to run from Nov. 1 through April 18 (82 games in 171 days).
That means Utah will play 66 games in two weeks less time than previously planned in this abridged 124-day Plan B.
Considering they'll be one of the youngest teams in the NBA — with promising up-and-comers like Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward and Enes Kanter — maybe that will turn out to be a good thing for the Jazz.
NBA schedule breakdown
Conference Games: 48
Play 6 teams 4 times (2 home, 2 away)
Play 4 teams 3 times (2 home, 1 away)
Play 4 teams 3 times (1 home, 2 away)
Nonconference Games: 18
Play 3 teams 2 times (1 home, 1 away)
Play 6 teams 1 time at home
Play 6 teams 1 time away
Back-to-back-to-backs: All teams with at least 1; no more than 3
Playoff back-to-backs: Possible in second round
Schedule released: Later this week, pending CBA ratification
Season starts: Dec. 25
Season ends: April 26
Playoffs start: April 28
Last possible Finals date: June 26
Email: email@example.com. Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Kyle Collinsworth already...
- BYU's NCAA tournament fate: 'Anything could...
- Snakebit BYU must deal once again with major...
- BYU football: Cougars generally happy with...
- Linebacker Kyle Van Noy says he discovered...
- Brad Rock: Weber State's NCAA bid makes Rahe...
- Weber State basketball: Wildcats top UND,...
- Utah gymnasts hit season high 198.025 to best...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 113
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 73
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 58
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU exits Las Vegas in a... 26