Mike Sorensen: Utah Utes football: U. helped Pac-12 embarrassment
BYU and Utah State could both end up a game better if they win this week at Hawaii and New Mexico State, respectively. I had BYU at 8-4 and Utah State at 6-6 with a berth in the Idaho Potato Bowl, which is still a possibility. And how I was able to correctly predict BYU would be invited to the Armed Forces Bowl I'll never know.
The one team I overestimated the most was Southern Utah, which I guessed would go 8-3, but only ended up 6-5. But I'll take solace in the fact that four of the T-Birds' five losses were by six points or less.
HEISMAN QUANDRY: I'm just one of 895 voters for the Heisman Trophy, but this year might be one of the most difficult choices, where my vote might actually make a difference.
There seem to be more solid choices than ever and one could make good arguments for a half-dozen different players.
Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck has been a frontrunner all season and led his team to a 11-1 record. The only thing that might hold him back is his team's rushing the ball as much as it did.
Alabama running back Trent Richardson has made a late run and will get a lot of support among southern voters.
Baylor's Robert Griffin III might be the most exciting player in college football and he has put up some great numbers
Houston QB Case Keenum has also put up some astonishing record-breaking numbers this year in leading his team to an undefeated season.
Then there's USC quarterback Matt Barkley who has come on strong late in the season and Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore, who has won more games than any quarterback in NCAA history.
Vote on the DeseretNews.com online poll or e-mail me you favorite. Who knows, maybe I'll take your collective advice when I vote next week.
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- Return to Utah allows Southern Virginia...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The championship edition
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 136
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 92
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- Utes still have outside chance at... 30
- Brady Poppinga: From an early age I... 24
- Utah moves up to No. 20/21 after... 22
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21