Mike Sorensen: Utah Utes football: U. helped Pac-12 embarrassment
BYU and Utah State could both end up a game better if they win this week at Hawaii and New Mexico State, respectively. I had BYU at 8-4 and Utah State at 6-6 with a berth in the Idaho Potato Bowl, which is still a possibility. And how I was able to correctly predict BYU would be invited to the Armed Forces Bowl I'll never know.
The one team I overestimated the most was Southern Utah, which I guessed would go 8-3, but only ended up 6-5. But I'll take solace in the fact that four of the T-Birds' five losses were by six points or less.
HEISMAN QUANDRY: I'm just one of 895 voters for the Heisman Trophy, but this year might be one of the most difficult choices, where my vote might actually make a difference.
There seem to be more solid choices than ever and one could make good arguments for a half-dozen different players.
Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck has been a frontrunner all season and led his team to a 11-1 record. The only thing that might hold him back is his team's rushing the ball as much as it did.
Alabama running back Trent Richardson has made a late run and will get a lot of support among southern voters.
Baylor's Robert Griffin III might be the most exciting player in college football and he has put up some great numbers
Houston QB Case Keenum has also put up some astonishing record-breaking numbers this year in leading his team to an undefeated season.
Then there's USC quarterback Matt Barkley who has come on strong late in the season and Boise State quarterback Kellen Moore, who has won more games than any quarterback in NCAA history.
Vote on the DeseretNews.com online poll or e-mail me you favorite. Who knows, maybe I'll take your collective advice when I vote next week.
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 50
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 46
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 12