Only a major upset or a dramatic shift by voters can prevent a rematch between No. 1 LSU and No. 2 Alabama in the BCS national championship game.
Oklahoma State is third. Stanford is fourth and Virginia Tech fifth.
Oklahoma State (.8712) has one game left against Oklahoma.
LSU (12-0) plays Georgia in the SEC championship game on Saturday. Win and the Tigers are in, but they still have a chance to remain in the BCS top two if they lose and play for the national title.
Michigan State and Wisconsin play in the Big Ten championship game with the winner going to the Rose Bowl.
Oregon and UCLA meet in the Pac-12 title game Friday night with a Rose Bowl berth on the line.
Oklahoma State and Oklahoma play for at worst — a spot in the Fiesta Bowl.
The ACC championship game between Clemson and Virginia Tech will determine which teams plays in the Orange Bowl.
Houston can clinch its spot as this year's BCS buster by beating Southern Mississippi at home in the Conference USA championship game. The undefeated Cougars are sixth in the latest standings.
The Big East has three teams still alive for its conference title and BCS berth: Cincinnati, Louisville and West Virginia, though none of the contenders controls the race.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33