Only a major upset or a dramatic shift by voters can prevent a rematch between No. 1 LSU and No. 2 Alabama in the BCS national championship game.
Oklahoma State is third. Stanford is fourth and Virginia Tech fifth.
Oklahoma State (.8712) has one game left against Oklahoma.
LSU (12-0) plays Georgia in the SEC championship game on Saturday. Win and the Tigers are in, but they still have a chance to remain in the BCS top two if they lose and play for the national title.
Michigan State and Wisconsin play in the Big Ten championship game with the winner going to the Rose Bowl.
Oregon and UCLA meet in the Pac-12 title game Friday night with a Rose Bowl berth on the line.
Oklahoma State and Oklahoma play for at worst — a spot in the Fiesta Bowl.
The ACC championship game between Clemson and Virginia Tech will determine which teams plays in the Orange Bowl.
Houston can clinch its spot as this year's BCS buster by beating Southern Mississippi at home in the Conference USA championship game. The undefeated Cougars are sixth in the latest standings.
The Big East has three teams still alive for its conference title and BCS berth: Cincinnati, Louisville and West Virginia, though none of the contenders controls the race.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 67
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 39
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 34
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 33
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 31
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28