Only a major upset or a dramatic shift by voters can prevent a rematch between No. 1 LSU and No. 2 Alabama in the BCS national championship game.
Oklahoma State is third. Stanford is fourth and Virginia Tech fifth.
Oklahoma State (.8712) has one game left against Oklahoma.
LSU (12-0) plays Georgia in the SEC championship game on Saturday. Win and the Tigers are in, but they still have a chance to remain in the BCS top two if they lose and play for the national title.
Michigan State and Wisconsin play in the Big Ten championship game with the winner going to the Rose Bowl.
Oregon and UCLA meet in the Pac-12 title game Friday night with a Rose Bowl berth on the line.
Oklahoma State and Oklahoma play for at worst — a spot in the Fiesta Bowl.
The ACC championship game between Clemson and Virginia Tech will determine which teams plays in the Orange Bowl.
Houston can clinch its spot as this year's BCS buster by beating Southern Mississippi at home in the Conference USA championship game. The undefeated Cougars are sixth in the latest standings.
The Big East has three teams still alive for its conference title and BCS berth: Cincinnati, Louisville and West Virginia, though none of the contenders controls the race.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22