Only a major upset or a dramatic shift by voters can prevent a rematch between No. 1 LSU and No. 2 Alabama in the BCS national championship game.
Oklahoma State is third. Stanford is fourth and Virginia Tech fifth.
Oklahoma State (.8712) has one game left against Oklahoma.
LSU (12-0) plays Georgia in the SEC championship game on Saturday. Win and the Tigers are in, but they still have a chance to remain in the BCS top two if they lose and play for the national title.
Michigan State and Wisconsin play in the Big Ten championship game with the winner going to the Rose Bowl.
Oregon and UCLA meet in the Pac-12 title game Friday night with a Rose Bowl berth on the line.
Oklahoma State and Oklahoma play for at worst — a spot in the Fiesta Bowl.
The ACC championship game between Clemson and Virginia Tech will determine which teams plays in the Orange Bowl.
Houston can clinch its spot as this year's BCS buster by beating Southern Mississippi at home in the Conference USA championship game. The undefeated Cougars are sixth in the latest standings.
The Big East has three teams still alive for its conference title and BCS berth: Cincinnati, Louisville and West Virginia, though none of the contenders controls the race.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 49
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 18
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 9
- Morning links: Utah Utes a sleeper in... 8