Only a major upset or a dramatic shift by voters can prevent a rematch between No. 1 LSU and No. 2 Alabama in the BCS national championship game.
Oklahoma State is third. Stanford is fourth and Virginia Tech fifth.
Oklahoma State (.8712) has one game left against Oklahoma.
LSU (12-0) plays Georgia in the SEC championship game on Saturday. Win and the Tigers are in, but they still have a chance to remain in the BCS top two if they lose and play for the national title.
Michigan State and Wisconsin play in the Big Ten championship game with the winner going to the Rose Bowl.
Oregon and UCLA meet in the Pac-12 title game Friday night with a Rose Bowl berth on the line.
Oklahoma State and Oklahoma play for at worst — a spot in the Fiesta Bowl.
The ACC championship game between Clemson and Virginia Tech will determine which teams plays in the Orange Bowl.
Houston can clinch its spot as this year's BCS buster by beating Southern Mississippi at home in the Conference USA championship game. The undefeated Cougars are sixth in the latest standings.
The Big East has three teams still alive for its conference title and BCS berth: Cincinnati, Louisville and West Virginia, though none of the contenders controls the race.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: Receiver Nick Kurtz poised for...
- Dick Harmon: How much swagger BYU finds after...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 84
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 62
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 25