WEST VALLEY CITY — The Utah Grizzlies (11-6) battled from behind to defeat the Alaska Aces 3-2 (13-4-1-1) in a shootout Saturday night at Maverik Center.
Trailing 2-1 entering the third period, Cody Lampl dropped the puck for Mitch Fadden in transition as he launched his sixth goal of the year past Alaska goaltender Gerald Coleman from the left circle 1:44 into the frame.
"We needed to find a way and I commend the guys for sticking together," said Utah coach Kevin Colley. "Being down a goal, it can be frustrating especially against Alaska; they don't give you anything and you have to work for everything you get.
Utah completes their season-long eight-game home stand hosting Colorado at 7 p.m. Friday. It is the first Maverik Night of the year. All tickets are $6 at the arena box office with a receipt from Maverik.
Over $11,000 was raised in the team's post-game jersey auction for the Angel's Hands Foundation.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20