WEST VALLEY CITY — The Utah Grizzlies (11-6) battled from behind to defeat the Alaska Aces 3-2 (13-4-1-1) in a shootout Saturday night at Maverik Center.
Trailing 2-1 entering the third period, Cody Lampl dropped the puck for Mitch Fadden in transition as he launched his sixth goal of the year past Alaska goaltender Gerald Coleman from the left circle 1:44 into the frame.
"We needed to find a way and I commend the guys for sticking together," said Utah coach Kevin Colley. "Being down a goal, it can be frustrating especially against Alaska; they don't give you anything and you have to work for everything you get.
Utah completes their season-long eight-game home stand hosting Colorado at 7 p.m. Friday. It is the first Maverik Night of the year. All tickets are $6 at the arena box office with a receipt from Maverik.
Over $11,000 was raised in the team's post-game jersey auction for the Angel's Hands Foundation.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27