Rich Glickstein, Associated Press
COLUMBIA, S.C. — Connor Shaw threw for three touchdowns and ran for another to lead No. 14 South Carolina to a 10-win season for the first time in 27 years and its third straight victory over No. 18 Clemson, 34-13 on Saturday night.
The Gamecocks (10-2) choked off Clemson's once-high scoring offense, holding the Tigers (9-3) to 153 yards and Atlantic Coast Conference passing leader Tajh Boyd to 83 yards through the air.
Clemson was part of the BCS title talk a month ago when it opened 8-0 and rose to No. 6 in the country. But it heads to the ACC championship game against Virginia Tech next week a shaky team after losing three of its past four.
South Carolina's only other 10-victory season in 118 years of football came in 1984.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 67
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51