Rich Glickstein, Associated Press
COLUMBIA, S.C. — Connor Shaw threw for three touchdowns and ran for another to lead No. 14 South Carolina to a 10-win season for the first time in 27 years and its third straight victory over No. 18 Clemson, 34-13 on Saturday night.
The Gamecocks (10-2) choked off Clemson's once-high scoring offense, holding the Tigers (9-3) to 153 yards and Atlantic Coast Conference passing leader Tajh Boyd to 83 yards through the air.
Clemson was part of the BCS title talk a month ago when it opened 8-0 and rose to No. 6 in the country. But it heads to the ACC championship game against Virginia Tech next week a shaky team after losing three of its past four.
South Carolina's only other 10-victory season in 118 years of football came in 1984.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 35
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 23
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7