Utah Jazz, NBA players react to end of lockout on Twitter
When the news broke in the wee hours of Saturday morning that an agreement was in place to end the NBA lockout, Utah Jazz swingman C.J. Miles did the only thing he could think of.
He went to the gym.
"I'm trippin right now foreal," Miles posted on his Twitter account. "I might not sleep until the 9th." NBA training camps are scheduled to convene on Dec. 9 under the proposed agreement.
He later tweeted that he couldn't sleep and posted a picture of himself in a hotel gym, wearing a shirt bearing the slogan "Basketball Never Stops."
Miles wasn't the only NBA player to react quickly to the news. Thunder forward Kevin Durant posted an in-game photo of himself with a big grin on his face, commenting, "My expression now."
Durant's teammate and former Jazzman Eric Maynor was eager to get back to work, tweeting, "I got my job back…Yesssssssssssssssssssss."
Ex-Jazz player Matt Harpring posted his analysis of the new NBA deal: "There is no doubt this new agreement helps not only the Jazz but all small market teams. This will allow the NBA to be sustainable in future."
And another former Jazzman, Nets point guard Deron Williams, who has been playing in Turkey, tweeted, "Guess I'll be going home soon #LockoutOver! My time in Istanbul w/ Besiktas was amazing thanks for everything!"
Clippers forward Blake Griffin posted a classic '90s reference: "This must be how the guys in Space Jam felt when MJ gave them their powers back through that old basketball."
Timberwolves big man Kevin Love was in the company of Kermit the Frog when the news broke. He tweeted, "Caught the 10:45 showing of the Muppets movie and I see we have struck a deal."
And what about Sacramento's new favorite son, former BYU phenom Jimmer Fredette? As of this writing, he still hadn't posted a reaction on Twitter.
Apparently he's too busy eating Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14