Utah Jazz, NBA players react to end of lockout on Twitter
When the news broke in the wee hours of Saturday morning that an agreement was in place to end the NBA lockout, Utah Jazz swingman C.J. Miles did the only thing he could think of.
He went to the gym.
"I'm trippin right now foreal," Miles posted on his Twitter account. "I might not sleep until the 9th." NBA training camps are scheduled to convene on Dec. 9 under the proposed agreement.
He later tweeted that he couldn't sleep and posted a picture of himself in a hotel gym, wearing a shirt bearing the slogan "Basketball Never Stops."
Miles wasn't the only NBA player to react quickly to the news. Thunder forward Kevin Durant posted an in-game photo of himself with a big grin on his face, commenting, "My expression now."
Durant's teammate and former Jazzman Eric Maynor was eager to get back to work, tweeting, "I got my job back…Yesssssssssssssssssssss."
Ex-Jazz player Matt Harpring posted his analysis of the new NBA deal: "There is no doubt this new agreement helps not only the Jazz but all small market teams. This will allow the NBA to be sustainable in future."
And another former Jazzman, Nets point guard Deron Williams, who has been playing in Turkey, tweeted, "Guess I'll be going home soon #LockoutOver! My time in Istanbul w/ Besiktas was amazing thanks for everything!"
Clippers forward Blake Griffin posted a classic '90s reference: "This must be how the guys in Space Jam felt when MJ gave them their powers back through that old basketball."
Timberwolves big man Kevin Love was in the company of Kermit the Frog when the news broke. He tweeted, "Caught the 10:45 showing of the Muppets movie and I see we have struck a deal."
And what about Sacramento's new favorite son, former BYU phenom Jimmer Fredette? As of this writing, he still hadn't posted a reaction on Twitter.
Apparently he's too busy eating Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20