Ravell Call, Deseret News
OK, Utah Jazz fans.
You woke up Saturday morning — or stayed up in the middle of the night — and found out that NBA players and owners gave themselves an early Christmas present.
The two sides reached a tentative agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement in New York City in the 3 a.m. hour (EST).
Fine print still needs to be written with small pens. Players have to become a union again. And the 30 owners and 450 players still have to ratify the new CBA.
But plans are set for a condensed 66-game schedule to begin on Dec. 25 with the originally planned three TV games, and the Utah Jazz are likely to tip off the following night.
The unexpected news made Jazz swingman C.J. Miles giddy and restless in the wee hours of the morning.
"I'm trippin right now foreal. ... I might not sleep until the 9th," Miles wrote on his Twitter account about 1:30 a.m. MT.
Miles, who will report to a mini-camp on Dec. 9 if the deal is ratified, then headed to the hotel gym for a middle-of-the-night sweat session.
"I have to," he wrote, "I can't sleep."
So, Jazz fans, is this CBA news going to make you sleepless in excitement?
Or are you still ticked off that you've missed all of the preseason activity and regular season games up to this point because of the 149-day lockout?
Will we see you at Jazz games? Or are you withholding your fandom and financial support in boycott?
Here's your chance to vent and vote about your reaction. Please vote, and do vent about the lockout or bask in the victory while you're at it.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 53
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 45
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35