Ravell Call, Deseret News
OK, Utah Jazz fans.
You woke up Saturday morning — or stayed up in the middle of the night — and found out that NBA players and owners gave themselves an early Christmas present.
The two sides reached a tentative agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement in New York City in the 3 a.m. hour (EST).
Fine print still needs to be written with small pens. Players have to become a union again. And the 30 owners and 450 players still have to ratify the new CBA.
But plans are set for a condensed 66-game schedule to begin on Dec. 25 with the originally planned three TV games, and the Utah Jazz are likely to tip off the following night.
The unexpected news made Jazz swingman C.J. Miles giddy and restless in the wee hours of the morning.
"I'm trippin right now foreal. ... I might not sleep until the 9th," Miles wrote on his Twitter account about 1:30 a.m. MT.
Miles, who will report to a mini-camp on Dec. 9 if the deal is ratified, then headed to the hotel gym for a middle-of-the-night sweat session.
"I have to," he wrote, "I can't sleep."
So, Jazz fans, is this CBA news going to make you sleepless in excitement?
Or are you still ticked off that you've missed all of the preseason activity and regular season games up to this point because of the 149-day lockout?
Will we see you at Jazz games? Or are you withholding your fandom and financial support in boycott?
Here's your chance to vent and vote about your reaction. Please vote, and do vent about the lockout or bask in the victory while you're at it.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 46
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29