PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas (AP) — Jesse Morgan had 15 points, all coming on 3-pointers, as Massachusetts beat Utah 90-75 on Friday night.
Chaz Williams added 14 points, Javorn Farrell and Freddie Riley 13 apiece and Raphiael Putney 12 for the Minutemen (5-1) in their second-round win in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament.
The teams traded leads until Morgan knocked down his second 3 of the game to put UMass up 27-24 with 9:31 left in the opening half. He hit his third trey 35 seconds later for a 30-27 advantage and the Minutemen led the rest of the way.
After Utah (1-4) pulled back within two points, Morgan dropped his fourth and fifth 3-pointers on the night for a 41-33 UMass lead with 3:36 before halftime. The Minutemen cruised from there.
UMass plays College of Charleston in the tournament's fifth-place game Saturday, while Utah takes on UNC Asheville for seventh place.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21