PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas (AP) — Jesse Morgan had 15 points, all coming on 3-pointers, as Massachusetts beat Utah 90-75 on Friday night.
Chaz Williams added 14 points, Javorn Farrell and Freddie Riley 13 apiece and Raphiael Putney 12 for the Minutemen (5-1) in their second-round win in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament.
The teams traded leads until Morgan knocked down his second 3 of the game to put UMass up 27-24 with 9:31 left in the opening half. He hit his third trey 35 seconds later for a 30-27 advantage and the Minutemen led the rest of the way.
After Utah (1-4) pulled back within two points, Morgan dropped his fourth and fifth 3-pointers on the night for a 41-33 UMass lead with 3:36 before halftime. The Minutemen cruised from there.
UMass plays College of Charleston in the tournament's fifth-place game Saturday, while Utah takes on UNC Asheville for seventh place.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13