PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas (AP) — Jesse Morgan had 15 points, all coming on 3-pointers, as Massachusetts beat Utah 90-75 on Friday night.
Chaz Williams added 14 points, Javorn Farrell and Freddie Riley 13 apiece and Raphiael Putney 12 for the Minutemen (5-1) in their second-round win in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament.
The teams traded leads until Morgan knocked down his second 3 of the game to put UMass up 27-24 with 9:31 left in the opening half. He hit his third trey 35 seconds later for a 30-27 advantage and the Minutemen led the rest of the way.
After Utah (1-4) pulled back within two points, Morgan dropped his fourth and fifth 3-pointers on the night for a 41-33 UMass lead with 3:36 before halftime. The Minutemen cruised from there.
UMass plays College of Charleston in the tournament's fifth-place game Saturday, while Utah takes on UNC Asheville for seventh place.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25