Paul Sancya, Associated Press
For the first season-and-a-half of his young career, Ndamukong Suh could almost brush off talk about his penalties and fines, saying he would keep doing what was needed to help his Detroit Lions.
On Friday, Suh's team publically chastised the star defensive tackle after he was ejected during a Thanksgiving loss to Green Bay for stomping at an opposing player.
"The on-field conduct exhibited by Ndamukong Suh that led to his ejection from yesterday's game was unacceptable and failed to meet the high level of sportsmanship we expect from our players," the team said in a statement Friday night. "Ndamukong has made many positive contributions to the Lions on and off the field. We expect his behavior going forward to consistently reflect that high standard of professionalism."
CHIEFS HAPPY WITH ORTON: Todd Haley admits he was surprised that Kyle Orton's name popped up on the waiver wire. The fact it happened just after the Kansas City Chiefs lost starting quarterback Matt Cassel to a season-ending injury to his throwing hand made it almost serendipitous. Orton finally joined the Chiefs on Friday, two days after he was claimed off waivers from the Denver Broncos. He'll have the chance to compete for the starting job for the rest of the year, though it's unlikely he'll be up to speed in time for Sunday night's game against Pittsburgh.
A.P. DOUBTFUL: Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is doubtful for Sunday's game at Atlanta because of a high ankle sprain. Peterson hasn't practiced all week.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26