Paul Sancya, Associated Press
For the first season-and-a-half of his young career, Ndamukong Suh could almost brush off talk about his penalties and fines, saying he would keep doing what was needed to help his Detroit Lions.
On Friday, Suh's team publically chastised the star defensive tackle after he was ejected during a Thanksgiving loss to Green Bay for stomping at an opposing player.
"The on-field conduct exhibited by Ndamukong Suh that led to his ejection from yesterday's game was unacceptable and failed to meet the high level of sportsmanship we expect from our players," the team said in a statement Friday night. "Ndamukong has made many positive contributions to the Lions on and off the field. We expect his behavior going forward to consistently reflect that high standard of professionalism."
CHIEFS HAPPY WITH ORTON: Todd Haley admits he was surprised that Kyle Orton's name popped up on the waiver wire. The fact it happened just after the Kansas City Chiefs lost starting quarterback Matt Cassel to a season-ending injury to his throwing hand made it almost serendipitous. Orton finally joined the Chiefs on Friday, two days after he was claimed off waivers from the Denver Broncos. He'll have the chance to compete for the starting job for the rest of the year, though it's unlikely he'll be up to speed in time for Sunday night's game against Pittsburgh.
A.P. DOUBTFUL: Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is doubtful for Sunday's game at Atlanta because of a high ankle sprain. Peterson hasn't practiced all week.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21