BYU basketball: Cougars dump Nevada; Wisconsin up next
"We've made a real effort on shooting two types of threes. We were shooting five types of threes earlier in the year," Rose said. "We're going to shoot them from the inside-out. If a post guy's got an offensive rebound, he can kick it out. Or on the break, if we race it up, and we have space, we're going to shoot that. We've eliminated the ones that we didn't feel real comfortable with. It needs to expand, obviously, as the season goes on. But right now, we're just taking good shots."
One of the keys for BYU in the second half was rebounding. The Cougars allowed the Wolfpack to grab seven offensive boards in the first half, which led to easy baskets.
"When they made their run on us in the first half, most of it was because of offensive rebounds," Rose said. "We had a hard time keeping them off the glass. They had seven in the first half that led to a few baskets. We needed to shore that up in the second half. They only got three offensive rebounds in the second half."
The win set up BYU's first matchup with Wisconsin since 1931, a game won by the Badgers.
Still, their paths have crossed since then. BYU and Wisconsin played at the same NCAA Tournament site in New Orleans last March.
"It will be really good for us. They're a really good team. They're tough. But we're up for the challenge," Abouo said of the meeting with the Badgers. "We watched them play (in New Orleans). I actually lived in Wisconsin for a while, so I've always followed Wisconsin. They have a really good coach and a good program. It will be fun to play them."
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 56
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 49
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45