BYU basketball: Cougars dump Nevada; Wisconsin up next
"We've made a real effort on shooting two types of threes. We were shooting five types of threes earlier in the year," Rose said. "We're going to shoot them from the inside-out. If a post guy's got an offensive rebound, he can kick it out. Or on the break, if we race it up, and we have space, we're going to shoot that. We've eliminated the ones that we didn't feel real comfortable with. It needs to expand, obviously, as the season goes on. But right now, we're just taking good shots."
One of the keys for BYU in the second half was rebounding. The Cougars allowed the Wolfpack to grab seven offensive boards in the first half, which led to easy baskets.
"When they made their run on us in the first half, most of it was because of offensive rebounds," Rose said. "We had a hard time keeping them off the glass. They had seven in the first half that led to a few baskets. We needed to shore that up in the second half. They only got three offensive rebounds in the second half."
The win set up BYU's first matchup with Wisconsin since 1931, a game won by the Badgers.
Still, their paths have crossed since then. BYU and Wisconsin played at the same NCAA Tournament site in New Orleans last March.
"It will be really good for us. They're a really good team. They're tough. But we're up for the challenge," Abouo said of the meeting with the Badgers. "We watched them play (in New Orleans). I actually lived in Wisconsin for a while, so I've always followed Wisconsin. They have a really good coach and a good program. It will be fun to play them."
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37