BYU basketball: Cougars dump Nevada; Wisconsin up next
"We've made a real effort on shooting two types of threes. We were shooting five types of threes earlier in the year," Rose said. "We're going to shoot them from the inside-out. If a post guy's got an offensive rebound, he can kick it out. Or on the break, if we race it up, and we have space, we're going to shoot that. We've eliminated the ones that we didn't feel real comfortable with. It needs to expand, obviously, as the season goes on. But right now, we're just taking good shots."
One of the keys for BYU in the second half was rebounding. The Cougars allowed the Wolfpack to grab seven offensive boards in the first half, which led to easy baskets.
"When they made their run on us in the first half, most of it was because of offensive rebounds," Rose said. "We had a hard time keeping them off the glass. They had seven in the first half that led to a few baskets. We needed to shore that up in the second half. They only got three offensive rebounds in the second half."
The win set up BYU's first matchup with Wisconsin since 1931, a game won by the Badgers.
Still, their paths have crossed since then. BYU and Wisconsin played at the same NCAA Tournament site in New Orleans last March.
"It will be really good for us. They're a really good team. They're tough. But we're up for the challenge," Abouo said of the meeting with the Badgers. "We watched them play (in New Orleans). I actually lived in Wisconsin for a while, so I've always followed Wisconsin. They have a really good coach and a good program. It will be fun to play them."
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 31
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 20