BYU basketball: Cougars dump Nevada; Wisconsin up next
"We've made a real effort on shooting two types of threes. We were shooting five types of threes earlier in the year," Rose said. "We're going to shoot them from the inside-out. If a post guy's got an offensive rebound, he can kick it out. Or on the break, if we race it up, and we have space, we're going to shoot that. We've eliminated the ones that we didn't feel real comfortable with. It needs to expand, obviously, as the season goes on. But right now, we're just taking good shots."
One of the keys for BYU in the second half was rebounding. The Cougars allowed the Wolfpack to grab seven offensive boards in the first half, which led to easy baskets.
"When they made their run on us in the first half, most of it was because of offensive rebounds," Rose said. "We had a hard time keeping them off the glass. They had seven in the first half that led to a few baskets. We needed to shore that up in the second half. They only got three offensive rebounds in the second half."
The win set up BYU's first matchup with Wisconsin since 1931, a game won by the Badgers.
Still, their paths have crossed since then. BYU and Wisconsin played at the same NCAA Tournament site in New Orleans last March.
"It will be really good for us. They're a really good team. They're tough. But we're up for the challenge," Abouo said of the meeting with the Badgers. "We watched them play (in New Orleans). I actually lived in Wisconsin for a while, so I've always followed Wisconsin. They have a really good coach and a good program. It will be fun to play them."
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 50
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 34
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 26