SALT LAKE CITY — The Concordia Preparatory School will start the new year at a new location.
The school, which is owned and operated by an association of seven Lutheran congregations across the Salt Lake valley, closed a deal to purchase the Garden Lodge at 12723 S. Park Ave. in Riverton.
The 56,000-square foot building will undergo renovations, including a new remodeled sanctuary space. The private school plans to move from its current location at 4020 S. 900 East during Christmas break.
As the result of the purchase of the building, Light of the Valley Lutheran Church will eventually share space with the Concordia Preparatory School. The church has been worshipping at a leased facility at 3383 W. 12600 South in Riverton.
Pastor Alan Borcher, of the Light of the Valley Lutheran Church, said plans are also proceeding for a full-service day care and early childhood education center at the same site.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12