SALT LAKE CITY — The Concordia Preparatory School will start the new year at a new location.
The school, which is owned and operated by an association of seven Lutheran congregations across the Salt Lake valley, closed a deal to purchase the Garden Lodge at 12723 S. Park Ave. in Riverton.
The 56,000-square foot building will undergo renovations, including a new remodeled sanctuary space. The private school plans to move from its current location at 4020 S. 900 East during Christmas break.
As the result of the purchase of the building, Light of the Valley Lutheran Church will eventually share space with the Concordia Preparatory School. The church has been worshipping at a leased facility at 3383 W. 12600 South in Riverton.
Pastor Alan Borcher, of the Light of the Valley Lutheran Church, said plans are also proceeding for a full-service day care and early childhood education center at the same site.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 22
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14