SALT LAKE CITY — The Concordia Preparatory School will start the new year at a new location.
The school, which is owned and operated by an association of seven Lutheran congregations across the Salt Lake valley, closed a deal to purchase the Garden Lodge at 12723 S. Park Ave. in Riverton.
The 56,000-square foot building will undergo renovations, including a new remodeled sanctuary space. The private school plans to move from its current location at 4020 S. 900 East during Christmas break.
As the result of the purchase of the building, Light of the Valley Lutheran Church will eventually share space with the Concordia Preparatory School. The church has been worshipping at a leased facility at 3383 W. 12600 South in Riverton.
Pastor Alan Borcher, of the Light of the Valley Lutheran Church, said plans are also proceeding for a full-service day care and early childhood education center at the same site.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7