Commenting on Lee Benson's great, recent column, right on Lee! Thanks for nothing Derek Fisher! Being a business person myself, I feel we need to get creative. I think all NBA owners should make all players free agents right now.
I would have a try out for anyone in every franchise city (American Idol format) thus hiring new local players, who really want to play the game. All salaries should be $500,000 per player per year (a very good living). If they make the playoffs, double their salary; if they win it all, triple their salary.
For the important fan base, make the tickets affordable like $10, $20, $30 and on up, with a family pass. Pack the arenas, and watch players perform who really want to be there. A win, win for everybody.
It could be a new stimulus package, or a new reality show. Let the prima donnas go to Europe and battle it out; no one here will miss them — especially the likes of Derek Fisher.
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 56
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 52
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 44
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 32
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 25