Commenting on Lee Benson's great, recent column, right on Lee! Thanks for nothing Derek Fisher! Being a business person myself, I feel we need to get creative. I think all NBA owners should make all players free agents right now.
I would have a try out for anyone in every franchise city (American Idol format) thus hiring new local players, who really want to play the game. All salaries should be $500,000 per player per year (a very good living). If they make the playoffs, double their salary; if they win it all, triple their salary.
For the important fan base, make the tickets affordable like $10, $20, $30 and on up, with a family pass. Pack the arenas, and watch players perform who really want to be there. A win, win for everybody.
It could be a new stimulus package, or a new reality show. Let the prima donnas go to Europe and battle it out; no one here will miss them — especially the likes of Derek Fisher.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 30
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13