Commenting on Lee Benson's great, recent column, right on Lee! Thanks for nothing Derek Fisher! Being a business person myself, I feel we need to get creative. I think all NBA owners should make all players free agents right now.
I would have a try out for anyone in every franchise city (American Idol format) thus hiring new local players, who really want to play the game. All salaries should be $500,000 per player per year (a very good living). If they make the playoffs, double their salary; if they win it all, triple their salary.
For the important fan base, make the tickets affordable like $10, $20, $30 and on up, with a family pass. Pack the arenas, and watch players perform who really want to be there. A win, win for everybody.
It could be a new stimulus package, or a new reality show. Let the prima donnas go to Europe and battle it out; no one here will miss them — especially the likes of Derek Fisher.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 37
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27