In reading Bonnie Blackburn Larsen's recent op-ed ("Time to break up with the Jazz," My View, Nov. 23), I had to agree so strongly. This new NBA is so far from what it was in the days of Bird, Magic, Malone, Stockton and the rest.
I believe we all need to "break up" with our teams. If Bank of America got the message when their greed sent customers running to other means, hopefully there can be an awakening for greedy players when their fans are shifting focus.
Nothing else will work, and the message this sends to our young AAU and high school players, let alone college, cannot go any further. We have got to send the message that we want our old NBA that played for the love of the game back.
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform should...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare
- In our opinion: Dramatic transformation over...
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 43
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 37
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 29
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial... 25