In reading Bonnie Blackburn Larsen's recent op-ed ("Time to break up with the Jazz," My View, Nov. 23), I had to agree so strongly. This new NBA is so far from what it was in the days of Bird, Magic, Malone, Stockton and the rest.
I believe we all need to "break up" with our teams. If Bank of America got the message when their greed sent customers running to other means, hopefully there can be an awakening for greedy players when their fans are shifting focus.
Nothing else will work, and the message this sends to our young AAU and high school players, let alone college, cannot go any further. We have got to send the message that we want our old NBA that played for the love of the game back.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 38
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 36