In reading Bonnie Blackburn Larsen's recent op-ed ("Time to break up with the Jazz," My View, Nov. 23), I had to agree so strongly. This new NBA is so far from what it was in the days of Bird, Magic, Malone, Stockton and the rest.
I believe we all need to "break up" with our teams. If Bank of America got the message when their greed sent customers running to other means, hopefully there can be an awakening for greedy players when their fans are shifting focus.
Nothing else will work, and the message this sends to our young AAU and high school players, let alone college, cannot go any further. We have got to send the message that we want our old NBA that played for the love of the game back.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- Rely on invisible hand?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22