In reading Bonnie Blackburn Larsen's recent op-ed ("Time to break up with the Jazz," My View, Nov. 23), I had to agree so strongly. This new NBA is so far from what it was in the days of Bird, Magic, Malone, Stockton and the rest.
I believe we all need to "break up" with our teams. If Bank of America got the message when their greed sent customers running to other means, hopefully there can be an awakening for greedy players when their fans are shifting focus.
Nothing else will work, and the message this sends to our young AAU and high school players, let alone college, cannot go any further. We have got to send the message that we want our old NBA that played for the love of the game back.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 48
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Letter: Elected representatives 23
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 19