In reading Bonnie Blackburn Larsen's recent op-ed ("Time to break up with the Jazz," My View, Nov. 23), I had to agree so strongly. This new NBA is so far from what it was in the days of Bird, Magic, Malone, Stockton and the rest.
I believe we all need to "break up" with our teams. If Bank of America got the message when their greed sent customers running to other means, hopefully there can be an awakening for greedy players when their fans are shifting focus.
Nothing else will work, and the message this sends to our young AAU and high school players, let alone college, cannot go any further. We have got to send the message that we want our old NBA that played for the love of the game back.
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 17