Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicians express gratitude during Thanksgiving week
House Speaker Becky Lockhart: "I'm grateful my Redistricting Committee colleagues created a nice congressional district attractive enough for Rep. David Clark to run. Now he'll resign and be out of my hair."
Utah Democrats: "Well, uh, let's see … we are thankful for, uhh … okay, hmm … for the fine country and state in which our families and we live … for the opportunities and freedoms our nation provides … for a lifestyle unparalleled in human history. … Anything beyond the esoteric is just depressing."
Utah Republicans: "We are extremely thankful for a cornucopia of political gifts — especially President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and tea party passion."
Frank: "I am grateful for those fine high-profile Utah citizens who are pushing changes to the delegate/convention system. Not only will this provide much-needed positive impact into the political process, it also forces LaVarr Webb to eat crow."
LaVarr: "I'm thankful for the caucus/convention system that has served our state well and for suggested modest improvements that would give more citizens a voice in the process. Most importantly, these changes would end Frank's obsession and incessant media blabbering."
Republican LaVarr Webb is a political consultant and lobbyist. Previously he was policy deputy to Gov. Mike Leavitt and Deseret News managing editor. Email: email@example.com. Democrat Frank Pignanelli is a Salt Lake attorney, lobbyist and political adviser. Pignanelli served 10 years in the Utah House of Representatives, six years as minority leader. His spouse, D'Arcy Dixon Pignanelli, is a state tax commissioner. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Letter: No end in sight
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Letter: Not so lazy 31