Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicians express gratitude during Thanksgiving week
House Speaker Becky Lockhart: "I'm grateful my Redistricting Committee colleagues created a nice congressional district attractive enough for Rep. David Clark to run. Now he'll resign and be out of my hair."
Utah Democrats: "Well, uh, let's see … we are thankful for, uhh … okay, hmm … for the fine country and state in which our families and we live … for the opportunities and freedoms our nation provides … for a lifestyle unparalleled in human history. … Anything beyond the esoteric is just depressing."
Utah Republicans: "We are extremely thankful for a cornucopia of political gifts — especially President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and tea party passion."
Frank: "I am grateful for those fine high-profile Utah citizens who are pushing changes to the delegate/convention system. Not only will this provide much-needed positive impact into the political process, it also forces LaVarr Webb to eat crow."
LaVarr: "I'm thankful for the caucus/convention system that has served our state well and for suggested modest improvements that would give more citizens a voice in the process. Most importantly, these changes would end Frank's obsession and incessant media blabbering."
Republican LaVarr Webb is a political consultant and lobbyist. Previously he was policy deputy to Gov. Mike Leavitt and Deseret News managing editor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Democrat Frank Pignanelli is a Salt Lake attorney, lobbyist and political adviser. Pignanelli served 10 years in the Utah House of Representatives, six years as minority leader. His spouse, D'Arcy Dixon Pignanelli, is a state tax commissioner. Email: email@example.com.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 26
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- My view: Drafting women a threat to... 17