Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicians express gratitude during Thanksgiving week
House Speaker Becky Lockhart: "I'm grateful my Redistricting Committee colleagues created a nice congressional district attractive enough for Rep. David Clark to run. Now he'll resign and be out of my hair."
Utah Democrats: "Well, uh, let's see … we are thankful for, uhh … okay, hmm … for the fine country and state in which our families and we live … for the opportunities and freedoms our nation provides … for a lifestyle unparalleled in human history. … Anything beyond the esoteric is just depressing."
Utah Republicans: "We are extremely thankful for a cornucopia of political gifts — especially President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and tea party passion."
Frank: "I am grateful for those fine high-profile Utah citizens who are pushing changes to the delegate/convention system. Not only will this provide much-needed positive impact into the political process, it also forces LaVarr Webb to eat crow."
LaVarr: "I'm thankful for the caucus/convention system that has served our state well and for suggested modest improvements that would give more citizens a voice in the process. Most importantly, these changes would end Frank's obsession and incessant media blabbering."
Republican LaVarr Webb is a political consultant and lobbyist. Previously he was policy deputy to Gov. Mike Leavitt and Deseret News managing editor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Democrat Frank Pignanelli is a Salt Lake attorney, lobbyist and political adviser. Pignanelli served 10 years in the Utah House of Representatives, six years as minority leader. His spouse, D'Arcy Dixon Pignanelli, is a state tax commissioner. Email: email@example.com.
- In Our Opinion: More than a holiday, Memorial...
- Your future Utah needs your input now —...
- Drew Clark: Congress should modernize highway...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economic turmoil in...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Mediocre...
- Letter: Special treatment
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Letter: Chamber's misleading ad
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 36
- Letter: A constant example 17
- National debt not just financial issue... 14
- Letter: The good ones 14
- Letter: Put people in control 13
- Letter: Today's young people care about... 11
- In our opinion: Clinton Foundation's... 8
- Jay Evensen: Why would anyone fill out... 7