SALT LAKE CITY — Utah running back John White suffered a left ankle injury on his 10th carry of Friday's game against Colorado.
He was helped off the field with 14:05 left in the third quarter, then taken into the locker room on a cart.
On the previous play, White moved into second place on Utah's single-season rushing list, ahead of Dameon Hunter (1,396 yards). He had 28 yards rushing, and Utah trailed 10-0.
On the next play, Utah right guard Sam Brenner suffered a neck injury. Brenner raised his right arm as he was being loaded into the ambulance on a backboard to cheers from the crowd. Team officials said he had full movement in all extremities.
White entered the game needing 131 yards to break Carl Monroe's single-season rushing record of 1,507.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 28
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24