SALT LAKE CITY — Utah running back John White suffered a left ankle injury on his 10th carry of Friday's game against Colorado.
He was helped off the field with 14:05 left in the third quarter, then taken into the locker room on a cart.
On the previous play, White moved into second place on Utah's single-season rushing list, ahead of Dameon Hunter (1,396 yards). He had 28 yards rushing, and Utah trailed 10-0.
On the next play, Utah right guard Sam Brenner suffered a neck injury. Brenner raised his right arm as he was being loaded into the ambulance on a backboard to cheers from the crowd. Team officials said he had full movement in all extremities.
White entered the game needing 131 yards to break Carl Monroe's single-season rushing record of 1,507.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 44
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 37
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25