SALT LAKE CITY — Utah running back John White suffered a left ankle injury on his 10th carry of Friday's game against Colorado.
He was helped off the field with 14:05 left in the third quarter, then taken into the locker room on a cart.
On the previous play, White moved into second place on Utah's single-season rushing list, ahead of Dameon Hunter (1,396 yards). He had 28 yards rushing, and Utah trailed 10-0.
On the next play, Utah right guard Sam Brenner suffered a neck injury. Brenner raised his right arm as he was being loaded into the ambulance on a backboard to cheers from the crowd. Team officials said he had full movement in all extremities.
White entered the game needing 131 yards to break Carl Monroe's single-season rushing record of 1,507.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 74
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 47
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33