SALT LAKE CITY — Utah running back John White suffered a left ankle injury on his 10th carry of Friday's game against Colorado.
He was helped off the field with 14:05 left in the third quarter, then taken into the locker room on a cart.
On the previous play, White moved into second place on Utah's single-season rushing list, ahead of Dameon Hunter (1,396 yards). He had 28 yards rushing, and Utah trailed 10-0.
On the next play, Utah right guard Sam Brenner suffered a neck injury. Brenner raised his right arm as he was being loaded into the ambulance on a backboard to cheers from the crowd. Team officials said he had full movement in all extremities.
White entered the game needing 131 yards to break Carl Monroe's single-season rushing record of 1,507.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18