CORAL GABLES, Fla. — Miami coach Al Golden has agreed to a four-year extension, keeping him under contract through Feb. 1, 2020.
The Hurricanes announced the move in the fourth quarter of Friday's season-finale against Boston College. Miami is not going to a bowl game because of an NCAA investigation into the athletic department and its compliance practices.
Golden was hired last December and had repeatedly said that he wants to remain with the Hurricanes. His future at the school was the source of much speculation because of the NCAA inquiry and the possibility of the Hurricanes facing stiff sanctions when that investigation ends.
Athletic director Shawn Eichorst says he looks "forward to working side-by-side with Coach Golden for many years."
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33