CORAL GABLES, Fla. — Miami coach Al Golden has agreed to a four-year extension, keeping him under contract through Feb. 1, 2020.
The Hurricanes announced the move in the fourth quarter of Friday's season-finale against Boston College. Miami is not going to a bowl game because of an NCAA investigation into the athletic department and its compliance practices.
Golden was hired last December and had repeatedly said that he wants to remain with the Hurricanes. His future at the school was the source of much speculation because of the NCAA inquiry and the possibility of the Hurricanes facing stiff sanctions when that investigation ends.
Athletic director Shawn Eichorst says he looks "forward to working side-by-side with Coach Golden for many years."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27