TACOMA, Wash. — Elder G. Perrin Walker, a former Area Seventy, received the "Citizen of the Year Award" for 2011 on Nov. 16 from the Pacific Harbors Council of the Boy Scouts of America in recognition of 45 years of service and support of the Boy Scout council. Elder Walker has also received the Silver Beaver Award and was an an instructor at Philmont Scout Ranch.
He and his wife, Charlotte, have five sons who are Eagle Scouts, and three of their grandsons have earned the Eagle Scout rank.
Elder Walker, who is an attorney, served as an Area Seventy from April 2001 to 2010.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with free...
- Thousands gather for LDS Women's Meeting
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 5
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A celebrated... 3
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 3