Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
TULSA, Okla. — Case Keenum threw for 457 yards and five touchdowns, Patrick Edwards had 181 yards receiving and four scores and No. 8 Houston earned a spot in the Conference USA championship game by beating Tulsa 48-16 on Friday.
The Cougars (12-0, 8-0) set a school season record by winning their 12th game. The 12 straight wins also match the school's longest winning streak, set over the 1990 and '91 seasons.
Keenum helped Houston pull away by hooking up with Edwards twice for touchdowns after the Cougars faced a fourth down in no man's land. He found Edwards cutting across the field for a 33-yard score on fourth-and-10 in the second quarter, then threw a deep ball to him for a 38-yard TD on fourth-and-1 in the third quarter.
That score came in the midst of 28 unanswered points by the Cougars.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes determined to...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 289
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 79
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 53
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37