Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
I just started driving. While on the road, I noticed that there are a lot of reckless drivers out there, and I don't intend to be like them. I saw people cutting each other off, speeding, missing opportunities to use their turning signals and a lot more.
I want to be the kind of driver that everyone wants to ride with because they feel safe when I'm at the wheel. I want to remind everyone that we share the roads. Remember that bad manners on the road could be the end of you or someone else.
My experience just started, but I still see drivers who don't care what's around them; they just figure it's safe. You should always remember that there are others out there who also have somewhere they need to go. We need to look out for one another and work together, so we can all get to our destinations safely. No one wants to get hurt on the road.
I'd like to make a suggestion, do unto others as you would have unto you. Let's follow laws and remember to be courteous on the roads. We could set the most amazing example for other drivers. Think about your driving habits and how you can better them. Good drivers are safe drivers.
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Letters: Founders' values 34
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked... 21
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system... 20
- White House press corps has been turned... 19