TODAY, 1:30 p.m.
Rice-Eccles Stadium (45,017)
FieldTurf, Salt Lake City
For Colorado ... a last chance for the Buffaloes to end a 23-game road losing streak. This season's additions, under first-year head coach Jon Embree, include setbacks at Hawaii, Ohio State, Stanford, Washington, Arizona State and UCLA.
For Utah ... the Utes need three things to happen in order to reach the inaugural Pac-12 championship game. The first is to defeat Colorado. Then they'll need a little help from California (against Arizona State) and USC (against UCLA) to do it.
For Colorado ... a week after knocking off Arizona (48-29) to end a seven-game skid, the Buffaloes slid back to their losing ways with a 45-6 loss to UCLA last Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Colorado hasn't defeated Utah since a 7-0 decision in 1958.
For Utah ... The Utes have won four straight games to climb back into contention for the right to represent the South Division in the Pac-12 title game. The streak includes victories at Rice-Eccles Stadium against Oregon State and UCLA.
Player to watch
John White IV, Utah running back: The junior is just 131 yards away from breaking Utah's single-season rushing record, which was set in 1982 by Carl Monroe (1,507 yards). White enters the game averaging more than 125 yards per contest.
COLORADO'S RODNEY STEWART vs. UTAH: The senior tailback averages 164.1 all-purpose yards per game, ranking him second in the Pac-12 and ninth in the nation. Utah's defense also ranks among the best in the country.
Colorado: CB Parker Orms (hamstring) is day-to-day. SS Anthony Perkins (ankle) is questionable.
Utah: LB Jacoby Hale (concussion) is doubtful.
Colorado won't return to action again until next season. Utah is assured of a ninth consecutive bowl appearance.
Date Opponent Time (TV)/result
Sept. 1 vs. Montana St. W, 27-10
Sept. 10 at USC L, 23-14
Sept. 17 at BYU W, 54-10
Oct. 1 vs. Washington L, 31-14
Oct. 8 vs. Arizona St. L, 35-14
Oct. 15 at Pittsburgh W, 26-14
Oct. 22 at California L, 34-10
Oct. 29 vs. Oregon St. W, 27-8
Nov. 5 at Arizona W, 34-21
Nov. 12 vs. UCLA W, 31-6
Nov. 19at Washington St.W, 30-27 (OT)
Nov. 25 vs. Colorado 1:30 p.m. (ROOT)
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Curtain raiser: Quin Snyder Era begins in...
- Poppinga has endured dark times before, hopes...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 42
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 41
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 35