COLUMBUS, Ohio — Former Florida coach Urban Meyer continues to deny reports that he will be the next coach at Ohio State.
Several websites, TV stations and The Columbus Dispatch have reported that Meyer, currently an ESPN college football analyst, has reached an agreement in principle with Ohio State and, barring any last-minute problems, will be introduced as the Buckeyes' new coach next week.
Ohio State, under interim coach Luke Fickell, plays at No. 17 Michigan on Saturday.
Meyer issued a statement through ESPN on Wednesday saying he has not been offered a job nor is there a deal in place. Ohio State sources also have denied that the job has been offered to Meyer and that nothing has been finalized.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 17
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 11