COLUMBUS, Ohio — Former Florida coach Urban Meyer continues to deny reports that he will be the next coach at Ohio State.
Several websites, TV stations and The Columbus Dispatch have reported that Meyer, currently an ESPN college football analyst, has reached an agreement in principle with Ohio State and, barring any last-minute problems, will be introduced as the Buckeyes' new coach next week.
Ohio State, under interim coach Luke Fickell, plays at No. 17 Michigan on Saturday.
Meyer issued a statement through ESPN on Wednesday saying he has not been offered a job nor is there a deal in place. Ohio State sources also have denied that the job has been offered to Meyer and that nothing has been finalized.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43