WACO, Texas — Anthony Jones scored a career-high 21 points, including two 3-pointers in the opening stretch of the second half when ninth-ranked Baylor took control on the way to a 70-50 victory over South Carolina State on Tuesday night.
Baylor (4-0) opened the second half by scoring 14 consecutive points in just more than 4 minutes.
Jones got it started with a 3 from the right side less than a minute into the half, then followed with another from the left side. Brady Heslip made a pair of 3-pointers before a turnaround jumper by Quincy Miller for a 47-28 lead.
That came after the Bears had scored the last five points of the first half to break the last tie.
Jones was 9-of-14 shooting and had three 3-pointers. Pierre Jackson added 11 points for Baylor, which plays at home again Wednesday night.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34