WACO, Texas — Anthony Jones scored a career-high 21 points, including two 3-pointers in the opening stretch of the second half when ninth-ranked Baylor took control on the way to a 70-50 victory over South Carolina State on Tuesday night.
Baylor (4-0) opened the second half by scoring 14 consecutive points in just more than 4 minutes.
Jones got it started with a 3 from the right side less than a minute into the half, then followed with another from the left side. Brady Heslip made a pair of 3-pointers before a turnaround jumper by Quincy Miller for a 47-28 lead.
That came after the Bears had scored the last five points of the first half to break the last tie.
Jones was 9-of-14 shooting and had three 3-pointers. Pierre Jackson added 11 points for Baylor, which plays at home again Wednesday night.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 173
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45