FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Mark Sanchez was expected to be beyond motivational ploys in his third NFL season.
Many thought the New York Jets quarterback would take the next step in his development. Instead, Sanchez is struggling and his critics increasing. He's also losing some practice snaps — again.
Coach Rex Ryan says he pulled Sanchez in favor of 41-year-old Mark Brunell for a few plays at practice Monday and Tuesday, resorting to a tactic that worked on the young quarterback last season. An irritated Sanchez played some of his best games after Ryan did that, and the Jets are (5-5) hoping for the same result this time.
Ryan says he knew Sanchez was not happy about the missed snaps because of "his body language," and adds that "he hasn't talked to me."
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Former South African President Nelson Mandela...
- 1 child dead in Idaho elementary school bus...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh light on...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Disgraced priest to wed pope adviser's daughter
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 98
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 30
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 24
- Research: Native American genes have... 23