FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Mark Sanchez was expected to be beyond motivational ploys in his third NFL season.
Many thought the New York Jets quarterback would take the next step in his development. Instead, Sanchez is struggling and his critics increasing. He's also losing some practice snaps — again.
Coach Rex Ryan says he pulled Sanchez in favor of 41-year-old Mark Brunell for a few plays at practice Monday and Tuesday, resorting to a tactic that worked on the young quarterback last season. An irritated Sanchez played some of his best games after Ryan did that, and the Jets are (5-5) hoping for the same result this time.
Ryan says he knew Sanchez was not happy about the missed snaps because of "his body language," and adds that "he hasn't talked to me."
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45