Eugene Tanner, Associated Press
LAHAINA, Hawaii — Will Barton had 25 points and 11 rebounds, Antonio Barton hit a big jumper in the second overtime, and No. 8 Memphis held off Tennessee 99-97 in the Maui Invitational on Tuesday.
A day after bogging down against No. 15 Michigan, Memphis (2-1) had its uptempo game going in full gear while building a 16-point lead in the first half. The Tigers let Tennessee claw its way back and had to survive last-second shots in both overtimes to pull out the victory.
Antonio Barton had 21 points and Adonis Thomas added 19 points for Memphis.
Jeronne Maymon almost single-handedly led the Vols (2-2) to victory, with 32 points, 20 rebounds and a tying shot in the closing seconds of regulation. Maymon also hit 16 of 17 free throws, but his turnaround jumper at the second overtime buzzer fell short.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48