Eugene Tanner, Associated Press
LAHAINA, Hawaii — Will Barton had 25 points and 11 rebounds, Antonio Barton hit a big jumper in the second overtime, and No. 8 Memphis held off Tennessee 99-97 in the Maui Invitational on Tuesday.
A day after bogging down against No. 15 Michigan, Memphis (2-1) had its uptempo game going in full gear while building a 16-point lead in the first half. The Tigers let Tennessee claw its way back and had to survive last-second shots in both overtimes to pull out the victory.
Antonio Barton had 21 points and Adonis Thomas added 19 points for Memphis.
Jeronne Maymon almost single-handedly led the Vols (2-2) to victory, with 32 points, 20 rebounds and a tying shot in the closing seconds of regulation. Maymon also hit 16 of 17 free throws, but his turnaround jumper at the second overtime buzzer fell short.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27