Eugene Tanner, Associated Press
LAHAINA, Hawaii — Will Barton had 25 points and 11 rebounds, Antonio Barton hit a big jumper in the second overtime, and No. 8 Memphis held off Tennessee 99-97 in the Maui Invitational on Tuesday.
A day after bogging down against No. 15 Michigan, Memphis (2-1) had its uptempo game going in full gear while building a 16-point lead in the first half. The Tigers let Tennessee claw its way back and had to survive last-second shots in both overtimes to pull out the victory.
Antonio Barton had 21 points and Adonis Thomas added 19 points for Memphis.
Jeronne Maymon almost single-handedly led the Vols (2-2) to victory, with 32 points, 20 rebounds and a tying shot in the closing seconds of regulation. Maymon also hit 16 of 17 free throws, but his turnaround jumper at the second overtime buzzer fell short.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 46
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30