LAHAINA, Hawaii — Lazeric Jones had 19 points, Jerime Anderson added 18 and UCLA ran past Chaminade in the second half for a 92-60 victory in the first round of the Maui Invitational on Monday.
The Bruins (1-2) were raggedy early, appearing as if they were headed toward an embarrassing loss in a season that's already had a couple.
UCLA turned around quickly, though, hitting 19 of 33 shots in the second half and preventing any thought of a comeback with seven of its 12 blocked shots.
The Bruins move on face the winner between No. 14 Kansas and Georgetown in Tuesday's semifinals.
Chaminade (3-1) had designs on another upset in its home state, refusing to back down against the bigger Bruins in a tight first half. But the Silverswords didn't have enough to finish this one off, so they head into the loser's bracket.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19