BRIAN SCOTT, Hurricane, football: Not even a nagging leg injury could slow down Hurricane's fullback in last Friday's 3A state championship game.
Scott capped a fantastic season by rushing for 108 yards and three touchdowns on 26 carries in leading Hurricane to the 21-0 victory over Desert Hills at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
The senior finished the year with 210 carries, 1,638 yards and 31 touchdowns. His final career stats are 354 carries, 2,573 yards and 40 TDs.
"His ability to take over games makes him really special," said Hurricane coach Chris Homer.
Scott is also a two-time state champion wrestler.
MEGAN HUDDLESTON, Timpview, volleyball: This junior setter's intensity helped the T-birds to a 4A title.
"As a player, Megan is intense, vocal and aggressive every moment of practice," said head coach Kristen Bailey. "She is the type of player whom a coach never has to ask to work hard. Megan listens intently to instructions and makes adjustments that are asked of her."
When Bailey asked the team to put in extra effort — including two early morning practices each week — Huddleston was one of the first on board. "Megan is self-motivated and tireless in her efforts to improve not only herself, but also everyone and every circumstance around her. Megan is the first on the team to lift spirits or high-five someone that has just made a mistake."
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 47
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26