While six of his fellow Republican presidential candidates spent Saturday discussing faith and God at the Iowa Family Forum in Des Moines, Jon Huntsman Jr. instead found himself at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City for a surprise appearance on "Saturday Night Live."
Huntsman showed up on the Weekend Update segment with host Seth Meyers. The former Utah governor drew generally positive reviews by making light of his low polling numbers and laser-like focus on the New Hampshire primary scheduled for Jan. 10.
"Huntsman has not gotten much air time on SNL (or in debates), but (there) he is in the flesh on Weekend Update," Washington Post blogger Nia-Malika Henderson wrote. "Good delivery and send up of his win-New-Hampshire-or-go-home strategy."
"Many bloggers enjoyed Huntsman's light-hearted banter with Meyers, poking fun at himself," Shutterstock manager Danny Groner wrote for the Huffington Post.
"One SNL appearance is not enough alone to help Huntsman's numbers. But it does have the ability to get people talking."
- It's not just young people — seniors...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- Ex-stepson: White House intruder meant no harm
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Who wins Senate control? Nov. 4 might not decide
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 9
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 6
- It's not just young people —... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5