While six of his fellow Republican presidential candidates spent Saturday discussing faith and God at the Iowa Family Forum in Des Moines, Jon Huntsman Jr. instead found himself at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City for a surprise appearance on "Saturday Night Live."
Huntsman showed up on the Weekend Update segment with host Seth Meyers. The former Utah governor drew generally positive reviews by making light of his low polling numbers and laser-like focus on the New Hampshire primary scheduled for Jan. 10.
"Huntsman has not gotten much air time on SNL (or in debates), but (there) he is in the flesh on Weekend Update," Washington Post blogger Nia-Malika Henderson wrote. "Good delivery and send up of his win-New-Hampshire-or-go-home strategy."
"Many bloggers enjoyed Huntsman's light-hearted banter with Meyers, poking fun at himself," Shutterstock manager Danny Groner wrote for the Huffington Post.
"One SNL appearance is not enough alone to help Huntsman's numbers. But it does have the ability to get people talking."
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Denver shelters cite legal pot in homeless...
- Women excised from public life, abused by IS
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6