While six of his fellow Republican presidential candidates spent Saturday discussing faith and God at the Iowa Family Forum in Des Moines, Jon Huntsman Jr. instead found himself at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York City for a surprise appearance on "Saturday Night Live."
Huntsman showed up on the Weekend Update segment with host Seth Meyers. The former Utah governor drew generally positive reviews by making light of his low polling numbers and laser-like focus on the New Hampshire primary scheduled for Jan. 10.
"Huntsman has not gotten much air time on SNL (or in debates), but (there) he is in the flesh on Weekend Update," Washington Post blogger Nia-Malika Henderson wrote. "Good delivery and send up of his win-New-Hampshire-or-go-home strategy."
"Many bloggers enjoyed Huntsman's light-hearted banter with Meyers, poking fun at himself," Shutterstock manager Danny Groner wrote for the Huffington Post.
"One SNL appearance is not enough alone to help Huntsman's numbers. But it does have the ability to get people talking."
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- How poverty plays a role in Ferguson
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 117
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 15