NASHUA, N.H. — Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney is calling on President Obama to block looming military cuts.
The former Massachusetts governor tells supporters in New Hampshire that the deficit-cutting supercommittee in Congress probably won't come up with a deal before its Wednesday deadline. That would trigger billions of dollars in automatic cuts to the military and domestic programs.
Romney says the president hasn't done enough to push congress to compromise, and Romney wants Obama to introduce legislation to stop the threatened military cuts.
Romney himself has been reluctant to take a position on the supercommittee.
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in 2015...
- Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie
- Obama administration allows 2-year extension...
- New Ukraine prime minister: Crimea will...
- 23 Mormon missionaries in Ukraine transferred...
- Looking to win a battle in the 16th century?...
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians
- Former baseball star Mariano Rivera rescues,...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 51
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 22
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 20
- Thousands march in pro-invasion rally... 11
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 11
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 10
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10