NASHUA, N.H. — Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney is calling on President Obama to block looming military cuts.
The former Massachusetts governor tells supporters in New Hampshire that the deficit-cutting supercommittee in Congress probably won't come up with a deal before its Wednesday deadline. That would trigger billions of dollars in automatic cuts to the military and domestic programs.
Romney says the president hasn't done enough to push congress to compromise, and Romney wants Obama to introduce legislation to stop the threatened military cuts.
Romney himself has been reluctant to take a position on the supercommittee.
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 34
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14