NASHUA, N.H. — Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney is calling on President Obama to block looming military cuts.
The former Massachusetts governor tells supporters in New Hampshire that the deficit-cutting supercommittee in Congress probably won't come up with a deal before its Wednesday deadline. That would trigger billions of dollars in automatic cuts to the military and domestic programs.
Romney says the president hasn't done enough to push congress to compromise, and Romney wants Obama to introduce legislation to stop the threatened military cuts.
Romney himself has been reluctant to take a position on the supercommittee.
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Catholic leaders' deliberations over divorce...
- Here's why church choirs are dying
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 69
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 11
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7