When Micheal Flaherty and former college roommate Cary Granat founded a film company in 2001, they called it Walden Media. Their organization differs from traditional movie studios because it produces family-friendly films that Flaherty describes as "entertaining but (that) also demonstrate the rewards of knowledge and virtue."
Here we present vignettes of an interview with the filmmaker shot at the offices of the Deseret News.
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on companies
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- Constantly changing online prices stump shoppers
- Record-breaking holiday travel expected
- Gift Guide: Strong photo, video gear options
- Biggest mailing day of the year means protect...
- Chrysler to recall about 288K Ram pickup trucks
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in... 3