When Micheal Flaherty and former college roommate Cary Granat founded a film company in 2001, they called it Walden Media. Their organization differs from traditional movie studios because it produces family-friendly films that Flaherty describes as "entertaining but (that) also demonstrate the rewards of knowledge and virtue."
Here we present vignettes of an interview with the filmmaker shot at the offices of the Deseret News.
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business jobs
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter
- Renovation Solutions: Top remodeling projects...
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4 percent
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census reveals...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 18
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 14
- Smith's hopes to pass savings from... 7
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census... 7
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3
- Groups chase air pollution to keep... 2