When Micheal Flaherty and former college roommate Cary Granat founded a film company in 2001, they called it Walden Media. Their organization differs from traditional movie studios because it produces family-friendly films that Flaherty describes as "entertaining but (that) also demonstrate the rewards of knowledge and virtue."
Here we present vignettes of an interview with the filmmaker shot at the offices of the Deseret News.
- Kennecott lays off roughly 100 workers Thursday
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook for...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6
- Obama threatens veto of Republican... 6