When Micheal Flaherty and former college roommate Cary Granat founded a film company in 2001, they called it Walden Media. Their organization differs from traditional movie studios because it produces family-friendly films that Flaherty describes as "entertaining but (that) also demonstrate the rewards of knowledge and virtue."
Here we present vignettes of an interview with the filmmaker shot at the offices of the Deseret News.
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job...
- Syracuse man develops router to keep Internet...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google Fiber city
- Gillette company does work for NASA
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US broadband...
- UTA board approves new pay plan for...
- FDA to scrutinize unproven alternative remedies
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- UTA board approves new pay plan for... 11
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic... 3
- The middle class has had a rough couple... 2
- Stericycle medical waste incinerator... 2
- For business, more women in charge... 1
- Wowed by young scientists, Obama... 1