When Micheal Flaherty and former college roommate Cary Granat founded a film company in 2001, they called it Walden Media. Their organization differs from traditional movie studios because it produces family-friendly films that Flaherty describes as "entertaining but (that) also demonstrate the rewards of knowledge and virtue."
Here we present vignettes of an interview with the filmmaker shot at the offices of the Deseret News.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- Facebook makes the most obvious move ever...
- 12 kinds of late-night office emails
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in Moab...
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14
- 12 women who should be on dollar bills 13
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 9
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- New grant money helps combat air pollution 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 4