LOGAN — Utah State continues with its slate of in-state opponents as the Aggies (1-1) host Southern Utah (3-1) Saturday at 7 p.m.
The last time Utah State hosted SUU, then freshman Preston Medlin had 17 points off the bench and the Aggies won by 40 points, 89-49. That was the largest margin between the schools. Last year, the Aggies needed a 13-0 run in the second half for a 66-53 victory in Cedar City.
Utah State is 5-0 against the Thunderbirds and 19-3 all-time against current members of the Summit League. Utah State has done well against in-state foes, with a 35-12 mark in the last 12 years, but the Aggies will try to bounce back from a 73-63 loss to Weber State Tuesday night. Morgan Grim had a solid game despite the loss, notching a career-high 19 points with seven rebounds to tie a career high.
Brockeith Pane has helped Utah State from the free-throw line this year, knocking down all 10 attempts.
On Thursday, SUU beat Montana State-Billings, 63-60.
Ramell Taylor, a 6-foot-5 forward, leads the T-Birds with 12.5 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. He had SUU's first double-double of the season against Montana State-Billings, including a career-high 10 rebounds.
The Aggies have the third-longest active home win streak with 32 straight.
UVU ON NATIONAL TV
The Wolverines will be playing in their first ever nationally televised game when they host Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) Saturday at 7 p.m.
The game will be on Fox College Sports Pacific. The game is homecoming for Utah Valley, and fans wearing black will get into the game for $1. Fans wearing the official homecoming shirt will get in free.
Wildcats hit the road
Weber State will take on the UC Irvine Anteaters for the just the second time in school history when they play them Saturday night in California. The only other meeting came in 1983.
Southern Utah (3-1) at Utah State (1-1)
Saturday November 19, 7 p.m.
Radio: 97.5 AM/91.1 FMUVU on the air
UMKC (1-2)at Utah Valley (2-1)
Today, 7 p.m.
TV: Fox College Sports (DirecTV 617, Comcast 264)
Radio: 960 AMWildcats on the air
Weber State (2-0) at UC Irvine (0-2)
Today, 5:30 p.m.
Radio: 1280 AM
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Urban Meyer returns to Utah...
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 64
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 22