LOGAN — Utah State continues with its slate of in-state opponents as the Aggies (1-1) host Southern Utah (3-1) Saturday at 7 p.m.
The last time Utah State hosted SUU, then freshman Preston Medlin had 17 points off the bench and the Aggies won by 40 points, 89-49. That was the largest margin between the schools. Last year, the Aggies needed a 13-0 run in the second half for a 66-53 victory in Cedar City.
Utah State is 5-0 against the Thunderbirds and 19-3 all-time against current members of the Summit League. Utah State has done well against in-state foes, with a 35-12 mark in the last 12 years, but the Aggies will try to bounce back from a 73-63 loss to Weber State Tuesday night. Morgan Grim had a solid game despite the loss, notching a career-high 19 points with seven rebounds to tie a career high.
Brockeith Pane has helped Utah State from the free-throw line this year, knocking down all 10 attempts.
On Thursday, SUU beat Montana State-Billings, 63-60.
Ramell Taylor, a 6-foot-5 forward, leads the T-Birds with 12.5 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. He had SUU's first double-double of the season against Montana State-Billings, including a career-high 10 rebounds.
The Aggies have the third-longest active home win streak with 32 straight.
UVU ON NATIONAL TV
The Wolverines will be playing in their first ever nationally televised game when they host Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) Saturday at 7 p.m.
The game will be on Fox College Sports Pacific. The game is homecoming for Utah Valley, and fans wearing black will get into the game for $1. Fans wearing the official homecoming shirt will get in free.
Wildcats hit the road
Weber State will take on the UC Irvine Anteaters for the just the second time in school history when they play them Saturday night in California. The only other meeting came in 1983.
Southern Utah (3-1) at Utah State (1-1)
Saturday November 19, 7 p.m.
Radio: 97.5 AM/91.1 FMUVU on the air
UMKC (1-2)at Utah Valley (2-1)
Today, 7 p.m.
TV: Fox College Sports (DirecTV 617, Comcast 264)
Radio: 960 AMWildcats on the air
Weber State (2-0) at UC Irvine (0-2)
Today, 5:30 p.m.
Radio: 1280 AM
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Hollis: Past Jazz players vs. the current...
- RSL hangs on to defeat Houston, thanks to...
- 2016 NFL draft: Southern Utah's Miles...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 94
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 46
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 29
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 20
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 20
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14