Dick Harmon: Kariya exemplifies spirit of student athlete label
Wyoming 38, New Mexico 7: This is a no-brainer. Heck, I need the percentage picks after a 4-4 week. Very impressed with the Cowboys' win over Air Force. New Mexico? They're a crawling disaster with emotion as flat as a fighter's nose.
Washington 24, Oregon State 21: Steve Sarkisian needs a rebound after getting his hat handed to him by his former USC team.
Utah State 38, Idaho 7: Love the streak the Aggies have built with wins over Hawaii and San Jose State. Nice stretch for Gary Andersen's crew. Easy win.
Air Force 33, UNLV 21: Not a good road trip for the Rebels, who may have packed it in for buffets and the casinos for the holidays.
UCLA 21, Colorado 17: The big question in Westwood is whether Slick Rick can hold onto his job after this season, but the Bruins may not be able to payoff Rick and Norm Chow at the same time. Bruins roll over league cellar-dweller.
Utah 27, Washington State 21: Utes' defense and special teams excellence will intimidate these Cougars just like the other Cougars. Turnovers — Chow just munches on them when given.
Oregon 34, Southern Cal 28: Should be a great game, best in the Pac-12 and a lot of intrigue to see if the Ducks can maintain emotion after dispatching Stanford.
Arizona State 33, Arizona 18: In-state battle is another no-brainer, sweet fodder for the percentage point index to climb. Go Dennis Erickson.
Stanford 34, California 21: This will be an easy win for Stanford and Andrew Luck is fighting to get his squad juiced up for a bowl.
BYU 38, New Mexico State 17: Just to check in on Jake Heaps might be a big enough magnet to keep this game interesting. If BYU's defense can cover the NMSU passing game, Heaps should get plenty of chances to get back in the groove.
Last week 4-4; overall 61-27 (.693)
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 64
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 45
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40