Dick Harmon: Kariya exemplifies spirit of student athlete label
Wyoming 38, New Mexico 7: This is a no-brainer. Heck, I need the percentage picks after a 4-4 week. Very impressed with the Cowboys' win over Air Force. New Mexico? They're a crawling disaster with emotion as flat as a fighter's nose.
Washington 24, Oregon State 21: Steve Sarkisian needs a rebound after getting his hat handed to him by his former USC team.
Utah State 38, Idaho 7: Love the streak the Aggies have built with wins over Hawaii and San Jose State. Nice stretch for Gary Andersen's crew. Easy win.
Air Force 33, UNLV 21: Not a good road trip for the Rebels, who may have packed it in for buffets and the casinos for the holidays.
UCLA 21, Colorado 17: The big question in Westwood is whether Slick Rick can hold onto his job after this season, but the Bruins may not be able to payoff Rick and Norm Chow at the same time. Bruins roll over league cellar-dweller.
Utah 27, Washington State 21: Utes' defense and special teams excellence will intimidate these Cougars just like the other Cougars. Turnovers — Chow just munches on them when given.
Oregon 34, Southern Cal 28: Should be a great game, best in the Pac-12 and a lot of intrigue to see if the Ducks can maintain emotion after dispatching Stanford.
Arizona State 33, Arizona 18: In-state battle is another no-brainer, sweet fodder for the percentage point index to climb. Go Dennis Erickson.
Stanford 34, California 21: This will be an easy win for Stanford and Andrew Luck is fighting to get his squad juiced up for a bowl.
BYU 38, New Mexico State 17: Just to check in on Jake Heaps might be a big enough magnet to keep this game interesting. If BYU's defense can cover the NMSU passing game, Heaps should get plenty of chances to get back in the groove.
Last week 4-4; overall 61-27 (.693)
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Things won't get any easier for disappointed...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 280
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 91
- Things won't get any easier for... 67
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 51
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 37
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 23