In the Penn State case, Sandusky is accused of sexually abusing eight boys over 15 years. The case cost Joe Paterno his job, and former school administrators Tim Curley and Gary Schultz are charged with not properly alerting authorities to suspected abuse and perjury.
Davis told ESPN that Boeheim knew he was traveling on the road and sleeping in Fine's room.
"Boeheim saw me with Bernie all the time in the hotel rooms, on road trips," Davis said. "He'd come in, and see me laying in the bed, kind of glance at me like, 'What are you doing here?' But he wouldn't say that. He'd just scowl. And I would look at him like, I'd be nervous. I felt embarrassed 'cause I felt stupid that I'm there. I'm not supposed to be here. I know it, and Boeheim's not stupid."
In a telephone interview Thursday night with the AP, Boeheim said: "This kid came forward and there was no one to corroborate his story. Not one. Not one. ... They said I walked into Bernie's room on the road and saw this. I have never walked into Bernie's room on the road. This isn't true. This just isn't true."
Former Syracuse center Rony Seikaly, who worked closely with Fine throughout his college career and exchanged text messages with him just Wednesday, told the AP he refuses to believe the allegations.
"Bernie would never do such a thing," Seikaly said in a telephone interview in Miami. "I vouch for Bernie. There is no way something like this could ever happen in my eyes. No way."
Seikaly said he questions why the ball boy would come forward again now, adding that he believes the headlines generated by the scandal at Penn State may have been a motivating factor.
"Completely ridiculous," Seikaly said. "Do people want a quick buck or something? I spent four years with Bernie, every single day. I know what kind of guy he is. He's just a very helpful guy. He was the glue to Syracuse basketball. He's still the glue 20 years later when you're already gone. He keeps in touch with every single player. He's that kind of guy."
AP writer Michael Hill, AP Basketball Writer Jim O'Connell in New York, sports writer Tim Reynolds in Miami contributed to this report.
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz
- BYU football players like the variety, travel...
- Defensive effort, accountability among Utah...
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- 10 with ties to Utah set for NBA Summer...
- Jazz match, Gordon Hayward to sign four-year,...
- LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 285
- Is independence a viable option for... 123
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 31
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 27
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz 17
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 14
- Utah Utes to face familiar faces in... 13