Mary Altaffer, Associated Press
NEW YORK — About 300 people have gathered near Zuccotti Park in lower Manhattan as part of a planned nationwide protest marking two months since the Occupy Wall Street movement began.
The New York City protesters are gathering on the east side of Broadway, across the street from Zuccotti Park. Police with megaphones are ordering them to stay on the sidewalk as they begin their march toward the nearby New York Stock Exchange.
Planners have said they want to march to Wall Street to mark the date.
Demonstrators in New York City and around the country are promising mass gatherings Thursday in support of the cause.
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Police, protesters collide again in Ferguson
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered legal...
- Car crash in Argentina kills 3 relatives of pope
- Colleges add luxury touches to new football...
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with hands up
- 1 in 9 girls marry before age 15 and here's...
- Want to increase attraction in your...
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 20
- Police, protesters collide again in... 20
- Texas' Perry indicted for coercion for... 19
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 17
- Police identify Missouri officer who... 16
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14