Mary Altaffer, Associated Press
NEW YORK — About 300 people have gathered near Zuccotti Park in lower Manhattan as part of a planned nationwide protest marking two months since the Occupy Wall Street movement began.
The New York City protesters are gathering on the east side of Broadway, across the street from Zuccotti Park. Police with megaphones are ordering them to stay on the sidewalk as they begin their march toward the nearby New York Stock Exchange.
Planners have said they want to march to Wall Street to mark the date.
Demonstrators in New York City and around the country are promising mass gatherings Thursday in support of the cause.
- It's not just young people — seniors...
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4